Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DAK Wasser Kanister

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, This Wasser Kanister was taken from the huge piles of the axis forces leftovers in Tunis in 1943, it has left Tunisia in 1956 and slept in a french garage until the 2000s. T

Default DAK Wasser Kanister

Hello Gentlemen,
    This Wasser Kanister was taken from the huge piles of the axis forces leftovers in Tunis in 1943, it has left Tunisia in 1956 and slept in a french garage until the 2000s. The red primer was covered with Panzer grey paint at the factory and the grey color was covered with tan yellow paint at the front. All sides except the one against the vehicle were tan painted. The white cross is still well visible on the Panzer grey side. Kanister is 1941 dated.
    I'm quite proud to present you this one as real DAK "jerrycans" back from Afrika are quite rare now...hope you like it as mush as i do...
    Thanks

General view

DAK Wasser Kanister
    Last edited by JPhilip; 01-10-2022 at 09:46 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Wasser Kanister
    P
    Many

Production date

DAK Wasser Kanister

- - ------- - -

DAK Wasser Kanister

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

DAK Wasser Kanister

- - ------- - -

Panzer grey side with white cross

DAK Wasser Kanister

In Memoriam :

Thanks for watching

DAK Wasser Kanister

In Memoriam :

Fantastic piece of history, I would love to find one like it one day

Best wishes

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Wasser Kanister   DAK Wasser Kanister  

DAK Wasser Kanister   DAK Wasser Kanister  

DAK Wasser Kanister  

MAP
    ?

Very Nice!!! Great find. I would love just any old version of these....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Cool

I've got a variety of WW 2 German gas cans, both trop u. contental. I think I have dates ranging from 41 thru 44 and a couple of original SS.
    Most were picked up in Europe, but one here in the states.
    Well here are the only photos I could find.
    And just for the hell of it some of my odd ball water cans. These are spun aluminum. I also have a trop in the 5 gal gas can size.
    Sarge
    DAK Wasser KanisterDAK Wasser KanisterDAK Wasser KanisterDAK Wasser Kanister

Hello,
    Thank you gentlemen, especially Bob for posting photos related to the maker....
    This Wasser Kanister is not really a find, i mean i've seen it for the first time thirty years ago and waited more than twenty years to get it...patience is sometimes the key to success...Lol...of course if i had had the choice i would have preferred a genuine North-African tan helmet or an used and faded Tropenmütze, but those things had no utility in postwar Tunisia, the Wasser Kanister had one so he survived...
    Thanks again
    Last edited by JPhilip; 01-10-2022 at 09:49 PM.

In Memoriam :

Very nice one JP, especially the fact that it really is a "been there" example......

Here my Wasserkannister collection

And a few of my jerrycans....

@Sarge: you do know that the grey SS can is a czech copy ??

Tom

Yes notched and part welded handle gives it away. Originals were fully welded around the corner.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast