Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Destilled water bottle

Article about: Hi. Im trying to find some information about this insulated glass bottle I have. It is (probably) a 5 liter, green glass bottle (see "5" molded in the glass lip). The bottle is ins

?

Question Destilled water bottle

Hi. Im trying to find some information about this insulated glass bottle I have. It is (probably) a 5 liter, green glass bottle (see "5" molded in the glass lip). The bottle is insulated with approximately 15mm of some soft material, almost like styrofoam. The insulated bottle is then clad with painted sheet metal. The upper and lower metal parts are fastened together with 3 screws around the circumference. The front reads "Dest. Wasser" with what looks like the same font as the water jerry cans. No other visible markings as far as I can tell.

Total height: 41cm
    Diameter base: 19cm
    Diameter middle: 23.7cm

The letters in front tells me that it's German and used for destilled water, but that's all I know. It was stored in my parents house together with a lot of other german stuff from WW2 so I found it natural to assume it could be from that era. I have not been successful googling this, been trying a long time. So now I reach out to the community to hopefully find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Destilled water bottleDestilled water bottleDestilled water bottleDestilled water bottleDestilled water bottleDestilled water bottleDestilled water bottleDestilled water bottleDestilled water bottleDestilled water bottleDestilled water bottleDestilled water bottleDestilled water bottle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Destilled water bottle
    P
    Many

It's an interesting item but I think it is simply an insulated bottle for keeping distilled drinking water cool. It looks like it could be late 19th century or early 20th.

Do you have any reason to believe there is a military connection?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hi Mark. Nothing else than it was stored together with a lot of my father's collection of WW2 gear. I have been trying for a long time to find information about it but came up with nothing. So call this a desperate attempt to link it to a time and place in history.

Thanks for your reply:-D