Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

dienstglas covers - any basis in fact?

Article about: There is an online seller peddling these camouflage covers for dienstglas ( field binoculars ) Now I KNOW they are fakes so don't beat me up about it but my simple question is - do these hav

Default dienstglas covers - any basis in fact?

There is an online seller peddling these camouflage covers for dienstglas ( field binoculars )
    Now I KNOW they are fakes so don't beat me up about it but my simple question is - do these have any basis in fact?

I haven't seen originals nor photos of them being used - I see the practicality ( to a point, unless you want to focus the item ) but I would like to know if they are fake or true fantasy items......

Anyone know?

Cheers, Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images dienstglas covers - any basis in fact?  dienstglas covers - any basis in fact?  dienstglas covers - any basis in fact? 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement dienstglas covers - any basis in fact?
    P
    Many

I have never seen a photo with them in use, not something I would buy

Thanks - i have no intention of buying them, the question is only if they originally existed or are they a figment of someone's imagination.

Although a little snug, they would make an excellent posing pouch. Where can you buy these....., it's just that a friend of mine is interested.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Although a little snug, they would make an excellent posing pouch. Where can you buy these....., it's just that a friend of mine is interested.
    Innocent fellow that I am, I thought they looked like shorts for a teddy bear, but as always, Ned's imagination is more colorful than mine.

Speaking of bags:

I remember having seen a photograph of an Jochen Peiper who had wrapped his binoculars in what appeared to be sackcloth.

So, the wish to camouflage binoculars was certainly there and I wouldn't completely rule out that such covers, even though they were not issue items, were made by individual soldiers or unit tailors, using surplus camouflage material.

Hello,
    Period photos do not show such an item used by WWII german soldiers. The latter mainly used plain or camouflaged hessian cloth to cover/wrap their binos, but i've seen pieces of Zeltbahn, a net mosquito and even a woolen sock used for that purpose...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks JP, Andreas and Mr Pants Man!
    So they are someone's wishful thought, not even useful for a dedicated reenactor .....

Cheers Dan

I've seen one period image of this sort of thing been on a set of bino's . I've been looking for it and can't find it . But you can get them for dragon in dreams action figures and they are normally historically correct . I'd say they where made out of the original zeltbahn apart from the pea dot one.

I have a couple of these covers - Erbsentarn and Blurred
    edge 'fall' pattern - that came with two surplus Czech
    D-6 binoculars ( one from the 1954, and the other
    from 1980 ) They fit nicely on these, but don't fit
    so great on standard 6X30 Dienstglas.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-13-2016 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Corrections.....
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I have a couple of these covers - Erbsentarn and Blurred
    edge 'fall' pattern - that came with two surplus Czech
    binoculars ( one from the 1953, and the other from
    1980 ) They fit nicely on those, but don't fit that
    great on standard 6X30 Dienstglas.........
    Can you post up some pix Steve?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast