Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Document Bag / Pouch - Wehrmacht ?

Article about: Gentlemen, Picked up this (I think) document bag / pouch up today, measures closed 26cm x 20 cm, inside the flap is printed - 39 e c 44 - one of the numbers I'm hoping is the year of manufac

?

Default Document Bag / Pouch - Wehrmacht ?

Gentlemen,
    Picked up this (I think) document bag / pouch up today, measures closed 26cm x 20 cm, inside the flap is printed - 39 e c 44 - one of the numbers I'm hoping is the year of manufacture. I've looked through a number of military forums without avail, I did however come across a thread showing small colour coded bags used by Gebirgsjäger troops to help them orderly pack their rucksacks, perhaps they utilized such a bag as shown to hold their personal documents. Have members come across such a bag and do they have any ideas about the meaning of the printed flap number.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Document Bag / Pouch - Wehrmacht ?   Document Bag / Pouch - Wehrmacht ?  

Document Bag / Pouch - Wehrmacht ?   Document Bag / Pouch - Wehrmacht ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Document Bag / Pouch - Wehrmacht ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Document Bag / Pouch - Wehrmacht ?

I can't help you with the exact meaning of the number, but it is a gas sheet bag.
    For a little more info on those, see: MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Gasplane

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I can't help you with the exact meaning of the number, but it is a gas sheet bag.
    For a little more info on those, see: MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Gasplane
    Agree, it's a gas cape bag.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

And a nice one too

?

Hello Gentlemen,
    Thanks everyone for your posts, information and HPL 2008 for the link. I know now what the item is - I paid 20euro for it, the seller didn't know exactly what it was, although he'd previously had one a couple of years earlier, he thought it was a document pouch. Now I'll have to keep a eye out for a paper gas cape, which I feel may be a lot harder to find than I know, as I can't ever remember seeing one on offer anywhere, military fairs or private collector offers. Again thanks everyone for their impute
    Best Wishes

Hi Alex, you are certainly right about the gasplane being harder to find than the pouch. There are some images of some originals somewhere on the forum. But like all things, beware of fakes/postwar items with altered dates.

20 Euros was a fair price.

Cheers, Ade.

A good price. They sell for about $40 in the US. Earlier pouches were rubberized or treated in some way to make them water repellent. This is a later type of pouch that would have been slipped over the gas mask strap or attached to the canister with straps. It is a good piece to start a German field equipment collection. NH