Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Ebay gas mask and canister. Authentic?

Article about: If I correctly post the link : Orig German WW2 Wehrmacht Gas Mask-canister no helmet - eBay (item 130414097888 end time Aug-01-10 12:59:37 PDT) I have always thought that to own a gas mask a

steppano
    ?

Default Ebay gas mask and canister. Authentic?

If I correctly post the link : Orig German WW2 Wehrmacht Gas Mask-canister no helmet - eBay (item 130414097888 end time Aug-01-10 12:59:37 PDT)

I have always thought that to own a gas mask and canister would be pretty swell as they have always stood out to me as a very recognizable part of German combat gear.

What I don't know is if it is actually authentic from WW2. That's why I am asking for your help in checking it out. I would like to bid on it but get the real deal as well.

Shows how much I know...for years I thought those were their rations and mess kits container. Lol

2. # ADS

Default Re: Ebay gas mask and canister. Authentic?

It is original.

Chers, Ade.

Too bad as i don't have access to these photos but you can rely on Adrian's opinion
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

steppano
    ?

Ok, thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

isn't it a spanish gamask ? Spanish army had helmets and gasmasks with canisters very similar to german examples.

Quote by Litzmannstadt View Post
    isn't it a spanish gamask ? Spanish army had helmets and gasmasks with canisters very similar to german examples.
    Correct, it is Spanish. I cant remember the name exactly but I think that its known as a "Blanco Gas Mask" made by the German company Draeger. But this certainly isnt a German mask, Its based on the same layout, however has very little in common. The most obvious ways to tell the difference are to compare the eyepieces and exhale valve/filter mount assembly to that of a German GM38

Thanks

Danny

Hello,
    Maybe someone could post the pics in the thread....always hard to comment without pics...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

There you go guys Jay.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ebay gas mask and canister. Authentic?  Ebay gas mask and canister. Authentic? 

Hello,
    I agree that this gasmask is most probably spanish, but it looks like very much to the german civilian GM201 as well. This specific canister has never been used within german armed forces.
    Thanks

In Memoriam :