Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - field modified ?

Article about: Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - modified ? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks !

Default Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - field modified ?

Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - modified ?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - field modified ?   Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - field modified ?  

Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - field modified ?   Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - field modified ?  

Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - field modified ?   Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - field modified ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - field modified ?
    P
    Many

Yep

It's a well known modification..... i must have a picture of one of these carriers in use.... if i find it i'll show it.....

Tom

Found it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - field modified ?  

Thank you !

Hello,
    The modification is common but the remaining examples are not.
    The one that opened the thread is a first type carrier, Tom posted a photo showing a second type carrier.
    Please, notice that the belt loop on the first type carrier posted is the former bayonet loop that has been relocated...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    The modification is common but the remaining examples are not.
    The one that opened the thread is a first type carrier, Tom posted a photo showing a second type carrier.
    Please, notice that the belt loop on the first type carrier posted is the former bayonet loop that has been relocated...
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info.

Would folding shovel be still possibly carrier in such modified carrier ?

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Would folding shovel be still possibly carrier in such modified carrier ?
    Hello,
    Yes a folding shovel could be still carried in such modified carrier, but unfolded, like a straight shovel...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - field modified ?   Folding Shovel Carrier Cover - Type I - field modified ?  

Hello,
    On the first photos that opened this thread, i did not realize how much this carrier had been shortened....impressive...a bit more and the strap would have been too short to retain the shovel...congrats, nice set...only thing that bothers me a bit is the blue paint on the bakelite, never seen that before...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    On the first photos that opened this thread, i did not realize how much this carrier had been shortened....impressive...a bit more and the strap would have been too short to retain the shovel...congrats, nice set...only thing that bothers me a bit is the blue paint on the bakelite, never seen that before...
    Thanks

Thanks - will take photos with straight shovel later.

As to the blue paint, it was there when I got it so I left it :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast