Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Full Hautentgiftungssalbe 41 bottles

Article about: Yesterday I got my hands on these 10 Hautentgiftungssalbe 41 bottles. There are 10 in total, and they are all full except for two. According to the seller, these bottles were found as ground

?

Default Full Hautentgiftungssalbe 41 bottles

Yesterday I got my hands on these 10 Hautentgiftungssalbe 41 bottles. There are 10 in total, and they are all full except for two. According to the seller, these bottles were found as ground finds from Narva. If any of you guys know what the liquid inside is, I'd love to know! I couldn't find any info on it online, only found out that these bottles replaced Losantin back in 1941.

Vesa
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Full Hautentgiftungssalbe 41 bottles   Full Hautentgiftungssalbe 41 bottles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Full Hautentgiftungssalbe 41 bottles
    P
    Many

As I understand it, this is for the decontamination of weapons - "Waffenentgiftungsmittel".

?

Oh? How does one recognise the two from each other? They look to be fairly similar at least! o:

Vesa

I think by the color of the can and inscriptions. For weapons:

For soldiers:

http://www.mp44.nl/equipment/skin_decontamination.htm

?

Hmm okay, thank you for the information! Do you know that what the liquid inside is? So far I've heard that one ingredient of it is bleach or maybe chlorine? Which is slightly unsettling!

Vesa
    Last edited by Vesqu; 03-13-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Unfortunately, I do not know the composition. It seems to me, "for weapons" more strong, than the one "for people".
    When I had these bottles, I poured the liquid out of them, just in case )

?

I'd hate to pour the liquid out though, since it is all original after all. Might just get an air tight container and keep the bottles in there. :P

In this case, I understand you well!
    I have a German powder "Rusla", for disinfection, found in a broken German dug-out. I keep it on the street, on the balcony. It is packed in several sealed bags and boxes, but nevertheless, it dreadfully stinks! : )))

?

So.. I've found out that the Waffenentgiftungsmittel bottles had chlorine in them as one of the "ingredients" of the liquid. However, I heard this after I took the photos in the thread which would explain why my eyes got irritated after I set the bottles aside again, and the next morning I had bit of a sore throat. Feeling better now with just a slightly sore throat though I think that I'll be fine since the amount was so minuscule. May this be a warning to those who plan on buying similar items though. I now have the bottles on my balcony, and to be honest, would much rather have them emptied if they would just open.. And if you were wondering how I managed to get affected by it, it's because a couple of the bottles had leaked which allows for the chlorine to leak out in its gaseous form. Once again, BE CAREFUL and learn from my stupid mistake..

Best regards
    Vesa

Thank you, that was a useful warning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast