Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gas mask short hook strap - all leather - original?

Article about: Hi All, I just asked this question in my recent gas mask strap thread - but maybe the thread started to sink, so I ask again here, because I'm quite curious: did these all leather short hook

?

Default Gas mask short hook strap - all leather - original?

Hi All,
    I just asked this question in my recent gas mask strap thread - but maybe the thread started to sink, so I ask again here, because I'm quite curious: did these all leather short hook straps existed in WW2, is this an original piece? I only saw straps half-leather / half canvas made so far...
    Thanks in advance!
    - Fabe
    Gas mask short hook strap - all leather - original?Gas mask short hook strap - all leather - original?Gas mask short hook strap - all leather - original?Gas mask short hook strap - all leather - original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas mask short hook strap - all leather - original?
    P
    Many

could it be West German?

?

I never seen BW straps like this one - they're usually thick dark green canvas with green paint on the metal parts. This one has a metal hook looking like a late war made one, with grey paint.

?

...and here is one more, this one is marked: "1938 K M" - with aluminum hook:

Gas mask short hook strap - all leather - original?Gas mask short hook strap - all leather - original?Gas mask short hook strap - all leather - original?Gas mask short hook strap - all leather - original?

New for me too Fabe, all I've seen have been webbing.
    Maybe an "auxillary" strap for something else??
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

my next guess they'd be pack related?

?

From a WW2 gas mask Facebook group:

"Pre-war transitional Reichswehr."

Good one Fabe..... Facebook, eh?
    I wouldnt be suprised if there was a group dedicated to WW2 Gasmask STRAPS!)
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Fabe View Post
    From a WW2 gas mask Facebook group:

"Pre-war transitional Reichswehr."
    Very interesting. I've never seen one, even on GM30 - which would be classed as Reichwehr era. Would like to see some physical evidence of them being used.

Quote by Fabe View Post
    I never seen BW straps like this one -
    Hello.
    That's true, but it is also true that West Germany had more than just the Bundeswehr.
    There was also the BGS, and that's exactly the kind of initiative they could have taken as shortages of materials were no longer to be considered while manufacturing a spefic piece of gear.
    I must admit I had never before heard of those nor seen one, and a date of 1938 would mean that they existed long enough to be observed from time to time.
    I am also a bit surprised by the metal closing nail being painted black : why bother with that and not leave it bare just like the hook ?
    This is all very interesting and I hope that we'll be able to learn more about this unexpected variation of the short strap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast