Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gasmask "blue´"

Article about: Hi Forum I have got this gasmask, it has the color blue, there is a stamp on the metal "nose" DLC 7 and a stamp inside the mask CLF and also 43 (must be 1943) bps. There is also so

Default Gasmask "blue´"

Hi Forum
    I have got this gasmask, it has the color blue, there is a stamp on the metal "nose" DLC 7 and a stamp inside the mask CLF and also 43 (must be 1943) bps. There is also some red stamps, and along came 2 filters (from 1941). It also has a CF stamp (civil defense) used by the Danish civil defense, do someone know more about this mask, is it Heer ?
    Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gasmask "blue´"   Gasmask "blue´"  

Gasmask "blue´"   Gasmask "blue´"  

Gasmask "blue´"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gasmask "blue´"
    P
    Many

Hello,
    it's a german GM38 made of black rubber with blue metal parts as part of the 1943 regulation.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank you for your id :-)

Jp is correct, and indeed these are used post war.... you can also see paint on filters to obscure the WaA stamp......
    These are present on Ciney fair every year for 20€ or so......

Bottom Caps on filters are post war

Tom

Hello to all,
    In my opinion, the German gas masks of WW II with painted blue metallic parts are that with "magnetic" components, manufactured in war economy, not used by Army but distributed to the Police or to units belonging to Political Organizations, there are both the GM model 30 that the GM38 model:
    GM30
    Gasmask "blue´"

GM38
    Gasmask "blue´"

if you want to further investigate the subject with particular reference to the markings I leave this link:
    My Third Reich Gasmasks collection

Regards
    Roberto

Hi Roberto
    Thank you for your additional info :-)
    Regards
    John

Now I have seen your collection, nice gasmask collection :-)

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Hello to all,
    In my opinion, the German gas masks of WW II with painted blue metallic parts are that with "magnetic" components, manufactured in war economy, not used by Army but distributed to the Police or to units belonging to Political Organizations

Hello,
    The production of Gasmasken with magnetic parts identified with blue paint (meant to let know to compass users that the mask contained ferrous metal) is announced in an official text dated from the 8th of July 1943. At this time, Germany had fully entered the war economy.
    Please, elaborate concerning the last part of your comment. I found it interesting as i have already found Gasmask sets from the Heer and the Luftwaffe that included GM30 and GM38 with blue painted ferrous metal parts and i have never seen a fully identified Police set with "blue" Gasmask...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Interesting dialog we have about the blue color of the gasmasks, all the threads are very helpfull and gives a lot off info, we will see what it ends up with ?, bur one thing is certain, the blue color is blue :-)
    I wish you all a Happy new Year
    Regards
    John

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    The production of Gasmasken with magnetic parts identified with blue paint (meant to let know to compass users that the mask contained ferrous metal) is announced in an official text dated from the 8th of July 1943. At this time, Germany had fully entered the war economy.
    Please, elaborate concerning the last part of your comment. I found it interesting as i have already found Gasmask sets from the Heer and the Luftwaffe that included GM30 and GM38 with blue painted ferrous metal parts and i have never seen a fully identified Police set with "blue" Gasmask...
    Thanks
    Hello Philip,
    thank you to have shared the information that there is an official text of 1943 which confirms my hypothesis and of which I was not aware; as I said in my post is just my personal opinion, that stems from several years of comparisons with other collectors of the kind, I own a few examples of masks of this type, but I have not been able to establish with certainty that some specimens is actually belonged to a member of the Police, however, the hypothesis was plausible to me, considering that the Police should not normally make use of compasses or sensitive instruments to ferrous materials.
    For the moment I can not give you more information, however yours is an interesting element for thought and for continue this interesting research, perhaps adding more details as soon as possible.

Regards and Happy New Year 2017 to all.
    Roberto

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast