Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gasmask canister with umber id ? Named gasmask.

Article about: Hello, I am trying to id a number stencilled/painted on my gasmask canister. The number reads 2414. Might this be the last four numbers of the soldiers registrationnumber? Might it be a unit

?

Default Gasmask canister with umber id ? Named gasmask.

Hello,
    I am trying to id a number stencilled/painted on my gasmask canister. The number reads 2414.
    Might this be the last four numbers of the soldiers registrationnumber? Might it be a unit number? Maybe a code-number for the area of deployment?
    The mask is named Obergefreiter Kolb. Might the name and the number be connected?
    The container and mask where acquirered in Holland, The Netherlands. The previous owner had it in his possession from the end or just after the war.
    Research has given me most of the answers concerning all the codes and abbreviations on the canister and mask. However the number 2414 still is a unknown. Also, are German Ww2 military records accessible? Would be nice to be able to find some history on Kolb.
    Any information will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gasmask canister with umber id ? Named gasmask.   Gasmask canister with umber id ? Named gasmask.  

Gasmask canister with umber id ? Named gasmask.   Gasmask canister with umber id ? Named gasmask.  

Gasmask canister with umber id ? Named gasmask.   Gasmask canister with umber id ? Named gasmask.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gasmask canister with umber id ? Named gasmask.
    P
    Many

It would be his roll number, as shown in his soldbuch.
    Nice complete kit by the way....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I can't help you with the number - but that is a lovely looking mask and canister.

nick

Hello,
    2414 just means that this Gasmask was the 2414th issued within the unit the Obergefreiter Kolb belonged to...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

In very good condition as already noted. The straps of the can look almost mint.

Top end spec for quality as already said this set stands head and shoulders above most sets around.fantastic looking indeed...

?

Thank you all for your information and kind comments. Would be nice to see a canister with resembling numbers on it, just for comparrison-sake.
    rgds.

This is an interesting article on gasmask markings...

Personal Markings on Gas Masks & Canisters / der Erste Zug

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

What type of spare-lens canister would be most appropriate?