Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

GECO Holster

Article about: Hello. I'd like some advice on this holster, please. The holster was made by the Berlin firm of Gustav Genshow AG and fits my deact P38 perfectly. On the back is a six digit number which, I

Default GECO Holster

Hello. I'd like some advice on this holster, please.

The holster was made by the Berlin firm of Gustav Genshow AG and fits my deact P38 perfectly. On the back is a six digit number which, I believe, was the serial number for the weapon carried. I have read that these holsters were used in the post war period by the German Police operating in the Western Zones and into the early Republic era. I believe that the holster was for a Spanish Star B pistol. My holster does not have any police markings, just the GECO trademark and, as mentioned, the serial number.

I have read that these holster were made during the second half of WWII in preperation for a large order of Star automatic pistols from Spain that, due to the invasion of France, never arrived. According to an article they were kept and then, after the war, sold to the police. That somehow doesn't sound right to me. If they were made during the second half of the war wouldn't there be Waffenamt markings on them? I believe that the Star pistols were similar to the Colt .45 in shape, but if so the holster is a poor fit unless the Stars were a tad smaller. The P38 fits the holster like a glove. Were these actually made for P38s? Could this design actually have been used in WWII by the Germans? If so, I have never seen any images of these in use.

My main guess, at the moment, is that the holster was made in the postwar period and used by the police. However, I would be very grateful if anyone can give me any more ideas or information about this good quality leather holster.

Thanks,

Alex

GECO Holster

GECO Holster

GECO Holster

GECO Holster

GECO Holster

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GECO Holster
    P
    Many

Hi mate,
    Your serial is 39 66 67... found 39 66 51 here!
    Looks like it is indeed a postwar star model B holster according to man in charge of the website. He says it's described at page 73 of his book about german pistol holsters.
    Hope that helps you in your research.
    Regards

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mopikel View Post
    Hi mate,
    Your serial is 39 66 67... found 39 66 51 here!
    Looks like it is indeed a postwar star model B holster according to man in charge of the website. He says it's described at page 73 of his book about german pistol holsters.
    Hope that helps you in your research.
    Regards
    Very nice link!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)