Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German ammo pouch

Article about: Hey, this might sound really stupid, but I am still wondering to this day if you would see a ww2 german soldier walking around with an early war ammo pouch while wearing late war uniform etc

Default German ammo pouch

Hey, this might sound really stupid, but I am still wondering to this day if you would see a ww2 german soldier walking around with an early war ammo pouch while wearing late war uniform etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ammo pouch
    P
    Many

More than likely for rear echelon troops and others using up old stocks - why waste good product. I have seen Reichswehr buckles dug up from the Russian campaign of 1943 ..... that's 10-20yr old kit!

Lots of mixing and matching went on ...... needs must
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hello,
    When the I. Bataillon of the Turkestan Legion surrendered in the summer of 1944 not far away from where i live, soldiers left their equipment where they were taken prisoners, over the years i've seen prewar, early and late war ammo pouches coming out from the village.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

My comrade and I myself had found early production ammunition pouches (1936., 1938. dated) in the bunkers where in 1944./45. were stationed units from the Wehrmacht.

Okay thanks, so you could also see soldiers wearing ammo pouches from two different manufacturers

?

More than likely... almost standard, I should think.
    Two of anything was a pair - regardless of manufacturers, shade, or even size (sometimes)!
    Collectors are obsessed with finding exact matches.
    Storemen issued two. Same end result.

As others have notes, yes it was absolutely possible. I also read, that as the war progressed in the East, that tropical pattern gear was also used. This was true especially in the summer, but during other seasons as well.