Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German canteen w/ cover (?)

Article about: I've just got this canteen with the cover and i've been told that it's a German canteen. The cover doesnt look like the ones used by the German army but the canteen has some German markings.

Default German canteen w/ cover (?)

I've just got this canteen with the cover and i've been told that it's a German canteen.
    The cover doesnt look like the ones used by the German army but the canteen has some German markings.
    On top of the cap it has the markings "DMN 37" and a German eagle and on the neck of the canteen it has "FA 2/34"
    Looking forward to your opinions, thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German canteen w/ cover (?)   German canteen w/ cover (?)  

German canteen w/ cover (?)   German canteen w/ cover (?)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German canteen w/ cover (?)
    P
    Many

Default Re: German canteen w/ cover (?)

The canteen looks good to me but i'm only worried because i don't recall seeing any German canteen with eagle engravings.. Hope someone could help me

Canteen itself looks to be pre war 1930's make as to waffenamt eagle I have never seen this on canteen so I have doubts about it. That early of a canteen wouldn't have a later Waa if at all cover I can't really tell it looks like it is missing its snaps and very well could be German early one. That is the best I can say. There are far many fieldgear knowledge people here so wait and see what others say. timothy

Early waterbottle with whats looks to be a added eagle ,never seen a eagle stamp on a waterbottle llid before

I also believe the eagle was added to the item because i don't recall canteens having eagle markings, but the eagle isn't that noticeable as i only noticed it after i got it.
    The cover looks very old and is damaged, its not a button up cover but instead it has small hooks on it.
    I got it with a couple of other non-German WW2 items and it was a bargain. Since the canteen is an original early piece, i don't think its necessary to throw it away just because it has a small eagle on the lid haha.. what do you guys think? Thanks for the replies and info!

Definetly you have a solid canteen to build from if you choose to do so. Thanks for showing it you don't see a lot of early ones anymore. timothy

It's my first German canteen and i picked it up for a good price
    I'm happy with it and the information you guys have provided. Thank you!
    Regards, Hindash