Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Early Gas Mask and Canister

Article about: German early GM30 and early canister 38 I think mask is marked 36 and a lot of numbers 2, and 7 in it are large. Straps are not original to can but are made of same type webbing as mask stra

I too don't want to hijack Timothy's thread but this one of mine I was told was a Danish reissue. stamped 1944, it has the original inside colour but even the underside of the lid has been repainted brown. Is the 'Crown over SA' for the reissue?

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Early Gas Mask and Canister   German Early Gas Mask and Canister  

German Early Gas Mask and Canister   German Early Gas Mask and Canister  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Early Gas Mask and Canister
    P
    Many

Please post your masks too fellows I am learning a lot from these. Dan that is no doubt a German mask and can I have never seen this type before the painted canister and that crown stamp it would be interesting to know about it. timothy

?

Default German Gas Mask and Canister - Recent acquisition

Good evening gents.

Looking for some observations on the background of a recent acquisition.

I am concerned to which components are of the WWII period as I collect this period and wondering if worth hanging onto. Paint/straps post war??

The filter is I imagine. Can somebody please shed some light on the mask and canister? As you can see the mask filter housing appears to have been repainted perhaps as I can just make out the number 25...

German Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Early Gas Mask and Canister

?

[QUOTE=HLI67;1524612]Good evening gents.

Looking for some observations on the background of a recent acquisition.

I am concerned to which components are of the WWII period as I collect this period and wondering if worth hanging onto. Paint/straps post war??

The filter is I imagine. Can somebody please shed some light on the mask and canister? As you can see the mask filter housing appears to have been repainted perhaps as I can just make out the number 25...

?

Default addition....

Apologies for my terrible first attempt at a post

Anyway.... another important image.... to assist anybody who can help me.

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Early Gas Mask and Canister  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2