Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german gas mask and canister

Article about: i was out and about today looking for steel helmets and came across this. but being weary of anything ww2 german i asked if i could get some pics of this item and have a look into it. i have

Default german gas mask and canister

i was out and about today looking for steel helmets and came across this. but being weary of anything ww2 german i asked if i could get some pics of this item and have a look into it. i have never looked into ww2 german gas masks. so i am asking what you guys think of this too. thanks. first for me the gas mask looks to be a 1st pattern and the fillter is off a 2nd pattern gas mask but the mask to me looks good. but theres some red flags with the canister first the paint job looks to new and no wear. 2nd the straps are a different stiching to the latch strap 3rd the latch pin is different to the one i have been looking at. and i see that you are able to get repro,s of these canisters too. i have not commited to it but i like the look of these german gasmasks and canister.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german gas mask and canister   german gas mask and canister  

german gas mask and canister   german gas mask and canister  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german gas mask and canister
    P
    Many

Default Re: german gas mask and canister

some more images there marking all over it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german gas mask and canister   german gas mask and canister  

german gas mask and canister  

?

I'm thinking the canister is a wartime one refurbished for the bundeswher.....certainly appears to be the type of straps used by the bundeswher...

ok one of the straps has a 44 stamp on it

Personally I quite like the look of it. Its a late war, waterproof can, dated 1944 and I like the straps dated 44 as well. Dont know if the mask started its life with this can but dont mind them together. If it were me I would pick it up (and if you dont I will grab it as I love the latewar stuff)

Cheers
    Jason

I think the canister is a 44 model, the mask is a Luftschutz model, RL, annd the staps post WWII.

War time straps with leather

ok sorry jason i think i might go and have another look at it. thank for the images lubus12 but im yet to find a image of that latch button, the images i have found show a rounded type

This latch on your canister is a 1944-1945 model, more easy to make.

- - Updated - -

This latch on your canister is a 1944-1945 model, more easy to make.

ok i was thinking that with it being made late in the war but these items where used post war to would that be right. thanks

Hello,
    Bundeswehr straps with bogus stamp, LS GM30
    the canister is a very nice late war example...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast