Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German Gas Mask and Canister

Article about: Hello. Could you give me your opinions on this gas mask and canister which I purchased recently? The mask is still in transit and hence I have only the pictures that the dealer has sent me.

Default German Gas Mask and Canister

Hello. Could you give me your opinions on this gas mask and canister which I purchased recently? The mask is still in transit and hence I have only the pictures that the dealer has sent me. I also purchased a helmet from the same dealer which has an unbalanced look between the leather liner and the shell. Thank you for your help.
    Thomas
    German Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Gas Mask and CanisterGerman Gas Mask and Canister

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Gas Mask and Canister
    P
    Many

I'm no expert of these but first impressions are that it looks like a good M38 in very good condition.
    Nick

Looks like a GM30 to me, and the canister is an early one too without the customary water tight D on the base. Straps look good as well. Would be good to see which filter is supplied with it.

It's also worth checking around the inside of the mask, under the folded edge. There will be WaffenAmt markings and a date of manufacture.

Nice to see the spring in the base of the canister as well. An often-missing component of mask and canister sets!

Regards, B.B.

Hello,
    GM30 in a rather nice early production of the M38 canister. The short strap is ok, the long one is postwar Bundeswehr...(from these photos...)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Looks like a GM30 to me, and the canister is an early one too without the customary water tight D on the base. Straps look good as well. Would be good to see which filter is supplied with it.
    Thank for the post BlackCat1982. I'll be taking more detailed pictures once it arrives.

Best regards,

Thomas

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    It's also worth checking around the inside of the mask, under the folded edge. There will be WaffenAmt markings and a date of manufacture.

Nice to see the spring in the base of the canister as well. An often-missing component of mask and canister sets!

Regards, B.B.
    Hello B.B. Thanks for the post. I find it quite weird how he didn't take any pictures of the WaffenAmt markings in the mask. I just hope that he forgot and that nothing else in wrong with it. When I told him I wanted a gas mask, I specifically requested one with spring and the included cloth. I wanted the whole set I'll post more pictures, once it arrives.

Best regards,

Thomas

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    GM30 in a rather nice early production of the M38 canister. The short strap is ok, the long one is postwar Bundeswehr...(from these photos...)
    Thanks
    Hi JPhilip and thank you for your post. I will take better pictures once it arrives. The long strap does actually look a bit newer. Do you think that is a bad thing meaning that it ruins its originality? Thank you.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Jphilip is correct about the long strap, I was looking at the short bottom strap and missed the BW addition. I would remove that once you have it. You can find original straps if you want a period correct ensemble. Nice to get the mask Spring as BB said these are rarely included.

Hello again,
    I missed a couple of things when i first watch this set.
    The inner metal skirt is missing on the canister and the neck strap of the Gasmask looks saboted...
    I hope that you didn't pay too much for this set.
    I do have no dog in this race, but if it was me, i would return the set to the dealer and get a refund...there are better sets out there...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast