Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German mine field flag and flares?

Article about: I found this flag and what appears to be flares at an auction the other week. They all came together as a group. Won them for about \\$5.00 I think the flag is a WWII German Minefoeld flag but

hobbymaster001
    ?

Wink German mine field flag and flares?

I found this flag and what appears to be flares at an auction the other week. They all came together as a group. Won them for about $5.00

I think the flag is a WWII German Minefoeld flag but I am not sure as I can't find a whole lot of info on it.

As for the other two items, I was told by a friend that they were German flares that had already been fired. I dont think they are period because they seem to be in really really good shape.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German mine field flag and flares?   German mine field flag and flares?  

German mine field flag and flares?   German mine field flag and flares?  

German mine field flag and flares?   German mine field flag and flares?  

Last edited by hobbymaster001; 09-29-2008 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Lots of typos :-)

2. # ADS

Default Re: German mine field flag and flares?

Hello,
    the yellow flag with TK is not meant for minefields. the flags meant for minefields were white and bigger. The yellow ones were supposed to be used for making safe corridors in gas infected areas, allowing the troops to move more safely.
    Concerning the other items, they are indeed flare cartridges that have been fired, but i don't know for the rest (hope that 82 is not the year of production). Some other members should be able to help here...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

hobbymaster001
    ?

Thumbs up Re: German mine field flag and flares?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    the yellow flag with TK is not meant for minefields. the flags meant for minefields were white and bigger. The yellow ones were supposed to be used for making safe corridors in gas infected areas, allowing the troops to move more safely.
    Concerning the other items, they are indeed flare cartridges that have been fired, but i don't know for the rest (hope that 82 is not the year of production). Some other members should be able to help here...
    Thanks so muc for the help. I wasn't sure that it was a mine flag but after searching on google for a while a whole load of websites said it was a minefield marker and I started to believe it. Now that I know wat it is I found loads of (useful) information on them. Thanks a bunch.

As for the flares I did find that they were made after the war as surplus so the WWII flare guns could still be used. Not sure of the date but I didn't believe them to be very old from the minute I saw them. But hey! I only payed about 5 bucks for the lot!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.