Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German razor with hairs from the soldier who used it still stuck in the blade area, as well as shrapnel damage

Article about: This german razor still has a few hairs from the original owner still stuck in the blade area, and i believe there are remains of dried up shaving cream. It also has what looks like a shrapn

Default German razor with hairs from the soldier who used it still stuck in the blade area, as well as shrapnel damage

This german razor still has a few hairs from the original owner still stuck in the blade area, and i believe there are remains of dried up shaving cream. It also has what looks like a shrapnel hole in the handle, as well as a few parts i believe are melted from extreme heat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German razor with hairs from the soldier who used it still stuck in the blade area, as well as shrapnel damage   German razor with hairs from the soldier who used it still stuck in the blade area, as well as shrapnel damage  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German razor with hairs from the soldier who used it still stuck in the blade area, as well as shrapnel damage
    P
    Many

I wonder what a DNA test would show?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

This looks more like torture device.

Gestapo guy:
    I will razor your chest-hair and beard with this dull, rusty razor. Unless you give in.

?

I guess that facial hair does not break down when in the earth for 70+ yrs? they faired better than the razor.

Quote by mdhallan View Post
    This german razor still has a few hairs from the original owner still stuck in the blade area, and i believe there are remains of dried up shaving cream. It also has what looks like a shrapnel hole in the handle, as well as a few parts i believe are melted from extreme heat.
    To be fair the razor would have been separate and held in place over the top by the fixing plate which is also missing. Might be human hair, bit ghoulish. Or it might just be fibres from the tornister or pocket it was originally carried in.

Jan
    ?

As an archaeologist I find it much more probable that fibres are from something the razor was in contact with while in the ground. Dried up shaving cream sounds very strange to me too but without knowing the find context it is very hard to say anything for certain (other than it is a 50ยด+ year old razor missing a few parts).

Best, Jan

?

Ground dug so I would say tiny roots or similar, I see this often on items even after a good cleanup.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

?

lets hope so??

i can guarantee they aren't roots, they dont have the right feel of plant roots and are spiky like cut human hair, and they are almost all of uniform length and width (theres around a dozen or so more that arent shown in the picture; most are stuck on the. backside), and they even have color. Additionally hair can survive thousands of years in the ground, it just depends on the environment, soil, and way it was stored. However I cant guarantee it was used by a soldier, just an assumption.

?

If it had been in "extreme heat" so that metal melted, how possible that hair did not melt, which do melt rather fast
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast