Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German walther p38 holster (odd design)

Article about: Hi all Have any one you ever seen this type of holster with this stamp? Seen one on auction but they weren't sure if it's German police or no, I know some walthers ware with special grips de

Default German walther p38 holster (odd design)

Hi all
    Have any one you ever seen this type of holster with this stamp? Seen one on auction but they weren't sure if it's German police or no, I know some walthers ware with special grips design as they ware giving as a gift etc could it be part of it or nah,
    Any information is helpful,
    I have option to purchase it locally and wanted to see if it is a nice gem
    Thank you all and have a great day
    Regards
    Amadeusz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German walther p38 holster (odd design)
    P
    Many

?

Hello,
    Without being an expert...
    1. In the lid of the bag there is a stamp (ink) with "Reich eagle and swastika" and above it is written "letter stamp" and the inscription reads "The Reich Commissioner for the occupied Dutch territories"
    2. On the back of the bag there is a leather stamp from the “Vienna Security Authorities)

For me it's a contradiction and reason not to buy this bag because it's either pimped/re-stamped/adulterated...

Perfect thank you for your information, I appreciate any help regarding this item, thanks again, I hope you have a fantastic day

Hi,
    I can't imagine why they would ever stamp a holster with an eagle from this size. It makes no sense. But I might be totally wrong, and I would love to learn otherwise.
    The ink stamp is probably added to deceive, post-war. It is a Dutch NSDAP stamp from the headquarters of Seyss-Inquart, and it reads: Briefstempel, which means Letter Stamp. So that is a stamp for paper letters, and it is not supposed to be found in a leather holster.
    I think you should not spend too much $$$ on it...

Kind regards,
    Martin

Thank you very much for your information, well it's a bit priced Soo taking all precautions with it, I wouldn't mind that stamp inside to be added later just very difficult to find holster with like you said such a big eagle stamp on the flap, thanks again Martin, your help and knowledge is appreciated

Post war fantasy item. There is no waffenamp stamp seen in any of the images and these were stamped with them WWII era. Should be a waa inspectors stamp then a numerical sequence and a stick figure eagle on top which all would be a small size that is seen on WWII p38's & their holsters. Small detail but big indication of originality.

Thanks you rich for sharing your knowledge, I appreciate your help, now I know to stay away from it as its bit pricey for post war stuff, thanks again

Amadeusz120, for your reference. Images of the reverse of an original P38 holster proof markings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German walther p38 holster (odd design)   German walther p38 holster (odd design)