Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A/H fork

Article about: Hi guys been offered this A/H fork from a private collector your thoughts on this please

?

Default A/H fork

Hi guys
    been offered this A/H fork from a private collector
    your thoughts on this please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A/H fork   A/H fork  

A/H fork  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A/H fork
    P
    Many

Hello. I am everything but an authority on such silverware, I stick strictly to the military types, all I can say is that it is well made enough to be genuine, and that the silver quality markings are consistent with what we see on ancient german silverware.
    That's not much, I agree, and yet it is way more than what can be said of 90% of the alleged Third Reich silverware seen on auction sites.

?

Thank you for looking
    Iv found out that it’s a very good fake
    Thankfully, I never purchased it
    Thanks again

You are welcome. If I remember correctly you can see something very similar in the Encyclopedia of Third Reich Tableware by James A. Yannes, but as the author declares that he cannot comment on the authenticity of the items illustrated in the book knowing that isn't helpful at all, I am afraid.

Id like to know what makes this one fake because it looks 100% original to me and I've seen a few in person.

?

I'm not an expert on cutlery, but I've seen pieces like this in auctions before.

To me the fork looks absolutely original and the silver hallmarks are also correct.

Best regards
    Wolf

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Id like to know what makes this one fake because it looks 100% original to me and I've seen a few in person.
    Hello.
    I really would like to know too. When fakes look like that it really makes you wonder about how authentic Third Reich silverware should be.

?

For comparison: In 2020 the "Collection Coudray" was auctioned. This collection included a large variety of such genuine cutlery items.

Collection Coudray | Online Catalogue | A83r | Past auctions | Buy | Hermann Historica

Best regards
    Wolf

It is original, no doubt, I've seen fakes but only in the small spoons and they came out of South America and are easy to spot.