Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Have you ever seen anything like this?

Article about: I came across this item today and after a brief search on the internet, I've decided to ask for your opinion as I have no experience on this type of collectibles. This one looks like it is f

Default Have you ever seen anything like this?

I came across this item today and after a brief search on the internet, I've decided to ask for your opinion as I have no experience on this type of collectibles.

This one looks like it is far from the Wehrmacht types. There is lots of swastikas around and a writing (looks like Spanish) on the back. Seems (strongly) like a fantasy item but no harm from asking.

Is it (New Mexico)? Could it be a Native American Swastika?

Fantasy or not? What is your opinion?

Thank you for your time..

Sincerely yours.

Edit: I really couldn't read the letters on the back correctly. Only after a brief time from my post I have found out that it is N.M. I am not familiar with US territorial names and one would never expect to find an American Native item in here. I am so sorry for this post it has nothing to do with the Third Reich.
    Last edited by Reichspicker; 03-14-2023 at 09:25 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Have you ever seen anything like this?
    P
    Many

It's told you what it is, just trust what it says.

The Swastika -in various forms- was a prevalent symbol for "Good Fortune" - until hijacked by the Nazis much, much later...

I couldn't read the first letter of second line and the m of N.M. That's why I couldn't find the correct answer in the first place. After posting the thread I've find out its from New Mexico (then edited the post).

Thanks...
    Last edited by Reichspicker; 03-14-2023 at 09:27 AM.

Quote by GlennAgain View Post
    The Swastika -in various forms- was a prevalent symbol for "Good Fortune" - until hijacked by the Nazis much, much later...
    After found out whatsleta is and read that there lives the Native Americans, it was obvious that it is an American Swastik. But it was too late for me because I've posted the thread.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Reichspicker; 03-14-2023 at 09:28 AM.

Quote by Reichspicker View Post
    I came across this item today and after a brief search on the internet, I've decided to ask for your opinion as I have no experience on this type of collectibles.

This one looks like it is far from the Wehrmacht types. There is lots of swastikas around and a writing (looks like Spanish) on the back. Seems (strongly) like a fantasy item but no harm from asking.

Is it Isleta N.M. (New Mexico)? Could it be a Native American Swastika?

Fantasy or not? What is your opinion?

Thank you for your time..

Sincerely yours.

Edit: I really couldn't read the letters on the back correctly. Only after a brief time from my post I have found out that it is Isleta N.M. I am not familiar with US territorial names and one would never expect to find an American Native item in here. I am so sorry for this post it has nothing to do with the Third Reich.
    Hello Reichspicker.

Please restore the photos of the saddle, it is against forum rules to remove photos because the thread becomes useless for future research. Even though it is not Third Reich related someone else may have a similar object in the future and your thread/photos could help them.

Kind regards,

Will.

There they are...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Have you ever seen anything like this?   Have you ever seen anything like this?  

Have you ever seen anything like this?  

Thank you for restoring your photos.

It is a really interesting saddle too, thank you for sharing it with us.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

It is not a German saddle and the stamps are a joke.

The swastika was a widely used Native American symbol. It was used by many southwestern tribes, most notably the Navajo. Among different tribes the swastika carried various meanings. To the Hopi it represented the wandering Hopi clans; to the Navajo it represented a whirling log ( tsil no'oli' ), a sacred image representing a legend that was used in healing rituals.

Swastikas — City of Albuquerque

Kind regards,

Will.
    Attached Images Attached Images Have you ever seen anything like this?