Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help determining the originality engravings on Diensglas.

Article about: Hello all. I ask you your opinion about this telescope. I bought it for € 17 from one of Mr. I was very impressed personalized markings owner-soldier. From the point of view seems to me that

?

Default Help determining the originality engravings on Diensglas.

Hello all.
    I ask you your opinion about this telescope. I bought it for € 17 from one of Mr. I was very impressed personalized markings owner-soldier. From the point of view seems to me that it's fkticky stare, period engraving initials, but nowadays nobody knows what is and is not original. Personally, I think that if someone napis engraved after the war deliberately, to be from the increase in the price of this piece, he would not sell it to me for a mere € 17 including postage. But who knows ... everything is possible. Many German soldiers his journey ended the at us in Czech.
    I would like to know your opinion on this piece Origo whether or forgery, it is possible that you have ever met with anything. Of course separately telescope is original, wartime production. Engraving Characters 3.Pz.Div. and H.Lucz? 3.pancer division should fall under the organization Totenkopf? Well here mostly on foreign forums had stumbled on a false marking Diensglas this unit, but if stamped emblem Skull Totenkopf.
    Greeting Dandys.
    We will also, of the binoculars are generally a poor state and it obviously someone and repaired, into my hands got quite dusty and neglected. I attach photos in original condition and after washing with water.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help determining the originality engravings on Diensglas.   Help determining the originality engravings on Diensglas.  

Help determining the originality engravings on Diensglas.   Help determining the originality engravings on Diensglas.  

Help determining the originality engravings on Diensglas.   Help determining the originality engravings on Diensglas.  

Help determining the originality engravings on Diensglas.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help determining the originality engravings on Diensglas.
    P
    Many

Greetings, friend...3rd Panzer Division and 3rd SS Panzer Division "Totenkopf" are two different units...It's practically impossible to say for sure when these markings were scratched into the binoculars and who did the scratching...Personally, I think a soldier would likely mark such an item with his Company or Platoon designation or his Feldpostnummer, rather than his division...The price is good for the binoculars...
    cheers, Glenn

I agree with Glenn.
    The markings appear to be done with a rotary engraver. If you look at the screws, it would appear the they have been taken apart by someone that does not have proper tools. They are in rough condition.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you for your knowledge. So I think he did not do soldiers in the field ?? Well I do not know how it was with binoculars, but necessary to Kar98 bayonet were the property of the Army and was forbidden to magnify, beautify or modify its image. This Regulation also true for telescopes? Have you ever encountered a similar engraving? I only saw the engraving on the field dishes, water bottles, mess tins ...
    Pronounced war telescopes and periscopes, and I have yet to come across anything like this, Max was scraped one or two letters, but it also nobody can guarantee the originality of engraving.
    However the price of an apartment only a piece of the telescope is more than great:-))