Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Help identify this East? German breadbag?

Article about: Hi everyone, am I right in assuming that this breadbag is 100% post-war? I'm checking because I haven't yet seen an East German breadbag with this colouration. And also what's the value? Tha

Default Help identify this East? German breadbag?

Hi everyone, am I right in assuming that this breadbag is 100% post-war? I'm checking because I haven't yet seen an East German breadbag with this colouration. And also what's the value?
    Thanks.

Help identify this East? German breadbag?Help identify this East? German breadbag?Help identify this East? German breadbag?Help identify this East? German breadbag?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identify this East? German breadbag?
    P
    Many

Could be - it has the internal divider that makes it post war.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The buttons are the East German type. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    The buttons are the East German type. NH
    Thanks Neil, that's good to know that the riveted button is NVA
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Oki thank you. What's the approx. value?

CBH
    ?

We don’t usually give values on WRF.

Regarding value - that is something you will have to determine. Best bet is to look up the item in Google search "for sale" and numerous listing should pop up. After the fall of the Iron Curtain, tons of surplus material from the East became available and a lot of it is still available. Based upon that fact, most East German material has minimal value. You would have to go deeper into NVA history (1950s) to find anything of greater value. Neil

Quote by CBH View Post
    We don’t usually give values on WRF.
    This is not a matter of being difficult or un-cooperative. It is because;

a. Values are very subjective.

b. If valuations are generally given there is a tendency to treat the forum as a free valuation site which clogs up the forum, dilutes the content and causes issues if someone is given a value and they disagree or if they act on it and don't like the outcome.

c. Because of a. & b. it is against forum policy.

You can easily work out the mean average by viewing the large number of these to be found on the internet.

Yours is a slightly unusual colour but I have seen DDR canvass items vary greatly especially between organisations.

This one could be a Kampfgruppe, MdI or other organisation item but I think it is OK.

However, pseudo military items were sold in outlets providing camping / outdoors type of stuff. Does it have any markings.

GST and FDJ might be possibilities also.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Thanks Neil, that's good to know that the riveted button is NVA
    I think the point here is that they are post-war DDR rather than wartime or specifically NVA.
    Early bread bags of all organisations were stitched as were the wartime ones and the riveitted type are a later variation. I think in this case never actually issued.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."