Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

HJ / DJ Early Model Feldflasche?

Article about: Opinions or Feedback. What do you guys think? Early HJ / DJ Feldflasche? Metal bottle is green painted. Black metal cap is ESB39 Marked. Cannot tell the sizing but know the HJ / DJ had small

?

Default HJ / DJ Early Model Feldflasche?

Opinions or Feedback. What do you guys think? Early HJ / DJ Feldflasche? Metal bottle is green painted. Black metal cap is ESB39 Marked. Cannot tell the sizing but know the HJ / DJ had smaller models.

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ / DJ Early Model Feldflasche?
    P
    Many

?

Although not RZM marked, that canteen looks much closer to the example in the photo that the young DJ boy is wearing. And relative to the photo, much closer than the canteen of mine we recently discussed in a PM.

?

Quote by weller View Post
    Although not RZM marked, that canteen looks much closer to the example in the photo that the young DJ boy is wearing. And relative to the photo, much closer than the canteen of mine we recently discussed in a PM.
    Thanks Brother. Hard telling as the one in the photo almost looks as it could be a plastic cap version or black metal cap version? My pic is small. Has no leather strap cradling the wool cover.

Plastic Cap: HJ / DJ Early Model Feldflasche?

One with Silver Cap similar as well: HJ / DJ Early Model Feldflasche?

MAP
    ?

All I can say is that the photo of the boy is great.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Thanks Brother. Hard telling as the one in the photo almost looks as it could be a plastic cap version or black metal cap version? My pic is small. Has no leather strap cradling the wool cover.

Plastic Cap: HJ / DJ Early Model Feldflasche?

One with Silver Cap similar as well: HJ / DJ Early Model Feldflasche?
    I can't enlarge the pic so hard to tell. Cap looks dark to me. The forum member (dimmuborgir95) is a canteen expert. Very cool Russian collector that asked permission to use some pics of mine etc. He may have some insight here. I have a few books I can look thru. Being young DJ, they most likely carried what they had available. Was there an official DJ canteen? And by the time they hit the battlefield, they are wearing standard Heer style M31, e.g. 12th SS.

?

Quote by weller View Post
    I can't enlarge the pic so hard to tell. Cap looks dark to me. The forum member (dimmuborgir95) is a canteen expert. Very cool Russian collector that asked permission to use some pics of mine etc. He may have some insight here. I have a few books I can look thru. Being young DJ, they most likely carried what they had available. Was there an official DJ canteen? And by the time they hit the battlefield, they are wearing standard Heer style M31, e.g. 12th SS.
    For comparison, here is a 1934 political brown example, and a slightly smaller gray 1939. Both are heavily RZM stamped. Seemingly, the 1939 is considered a canteen used by the HJ, it is a mint example. To be sure, quite different than the canteen the young DJ boy is wearing. Just trying to provide examples buddy. I'm hope we can figure this one out
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ / DJ Early Model Feldflasche?  

?

[QUOTE=weller;2193976]For comparison, here is a 1934 political brown example, and a slightly smaller gray 1939. Both are heavily RZM stamped. Seemingly, the 1939 is considered a canteen used by the HJ, it is a mint example. To be sure, quite different than the canteen the young DJ boy is wearing. Just trying to provide examples buddy. I'm hope we can figure this one out cool

Here is a textbook one I had in my collection and sold last year.

Looks like the strap on the backside is broken and I’d say someone replaced the bottle. Pretty worn condition too so I’d expect the price to reflect that. I’d personally wait for a more textbook example that’s all matching.

?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Looks like the strap on the backside is broken and I’d say someone replaced the bottle. Pretty worn condition too so I’d expect the price to reflect that. I’d personally wait for a more textbook example that’s all matching.
    I agree Bodhi. Thanks for weighing in.

Hello.
    The cover, leather straps and screw cap might be of early making, but the steel painted bottle is typical of late war productions.