Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”

Article about: Here the latest canteen, with another in my sights (to think I was trying to have a break!). Real nice example though and one off the bucket list. Nice dark color to the resin cover, and the

Default HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”

Here the latest canteen, with another in my sights (to think I was trying to have a break!). Real nice example though and one off the bucket list.

Nice dark color to the resin cover, and the mix of dark green and tan webbing straps is what made me add this example. Also has a nice steel cup with steel hardware and a resin cap. Everything is supple and undamaged which is a nice bonus.

An update to the sticky canteen thread is in the works for those of you gents that follow it.

Regards,
    Bodhi

HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”
    P
    Many

Whoa, settle down ..... a 'bucket list' is for us old dudes of things to do before we kick it!

Not for a young 'whipper snapper' like yourself!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Good condition and a great example to add to the ever growing Collection.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Ha! You’re right Dan maybe a better word choice was needed there, collection want list I should say.

Cheers Colin for the kind words!!

Hello,
    That's a nice example, thanks for sharing. I used to own one coconut canteen like this one, with straps of different colors, but i traded it many years ago for another coconut canteen that had a buckle with prong instead of the usual rolling buckle. That could be a new challenge for you, it shouldn't be too hard, i've seen some around lately, but they're generally more pricey than the ones with rolling buckle.
    Canteen are quite addictive but i'm sure you already know this. Will there be an end, not sure.....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks JP! I’m definitely still in need of on with that type of buckle, I hopefully will find one 45 dated or at least that’s the goal. As for canteens being addictive I’m all to aware! This one marks my 17th not to mention the two rare bakelite cups.

Bodhi,

For interest sake, I have a 'coco' with the prong buckle JP was referring to.
    A little war weary and the alloy cup is undated? ( but came with it ) so I have left it in place.....

HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen” HRE 43 “Coconut Canteen”

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

That’s a very nice one Dan!

Hello,
    Some straps have eyelets for the prong, some have simple slits made through the strap. In my opinion it's far better to have a buckle with prong as it damages less the strap than the usual buckle.
    The cup shown here is the type for the Sanitäter canteen. Most of them are marked but i have seen a few without any.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Beautiful Canteen, Bodhi. Love the rich, dark color.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast