Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I am missing something on this canteen?

Article about: I was looking at picking up this canteen in the recent ratisbons auction due to its great condition however it went well, a little above my budget. It sold for €500 plus 22.5 percent of th

Default I am missing something on this canteen?

I was looking at picking up this canteen in the recent ratisbons auction due to its great condition however it went well, a little above my budget. It sold for €500 plus 22.5 percent of that and shipping. I’m wondering if there was something special about this one besides it’s condition, or if someone just really really wanted it. The only thing I could think of is because this one was made the same year that canteen cups were ordered to be coloured olive green.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

I am missing something on this canteen?I am missing something on this canteen?I am missing something on this canteen?I am missing something on this canteen?I am missing something on this canteen?I am missing something on this canteen?I am missing something on this canteen?I am missing something on this canteen?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I am missing something on this canteen?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Don't forget to add in the credit card fee. Hammer prices on Ratisbons auctions have gotten so high I rarely bid.

Not a canteen guy so not sure if there is something really special about this one, but the price seems extremely high even for it's near mint state.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

It is in amazing condition isn't it.
    Glad you didn't pay for it though!

No canteen worth that much IMHO regardless of condition. Looks very nice though. Properly displayed for soldier that enlisted and went back home to rest until the war was over.
    John

Wow !!!!! 997.05 Australian Dollar!!!!
    Frikken rip off!!!!

TWS
    ?

The only thing we are missing are the (evidently) massive wallets of some Ratisbon's bidders lately. I bought a few lots today, but have noticed that bidding has gotten very aggressive this year with some lots going for crazy money. The advent of the crazy bidding seemed to coincide with the pandemic so I think it's related.

The hammer price on this lot today was 2270 euro. Adding buyer's premium and converting to USD, that is $3285.45 !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am missing something on this canteen?

I could give a number of other examples, but this one is illustrative.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

The condition shouldn’t be a huge factor as there was a canteen with an early date and in better condition IMO and that one sold for 210€. I guess someone had more money than sense or they really need it!

I just got one word...... NUTS

I mean, ok it‘s in nice condition, but 500€, not in 500 years.....

Mint ones can be bought from 150 — 200 € ( and that is still a lot of money )

Tom

Simply put "bidding frenzy" aka "auction fever".

I would encourage such idiots in the hope they don't have any money left for the item that I want to buy

Seriously, I used to buy often from Klaus Butschek when he operated his own site and especially when he used to attend fairs (anyone remember him at Farnham in UK?) but as soon as the "auctions" began it started to get silly. Now I don't even bother to look anymore.

Ratisbons do offer some really good stuff but I am not prepared to buy silver for the price of platinum, however attractive the piece!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Simply put "bidding frenzy" aka "auction fever".

I would encourage such idiots in the hope they don't have any money left for the item that I want to buy

Seriously, I used to buy often from Klaus Butschek when he operated his own site and especially when he used to attend fairs (anyone remember him at Farnham in UK?) but as soon as the "auctions" began it started to get silly. Now I don't even bother to look anymore.

Ratisbons do offer some really good stuff but I am not prepared to buy silver for the price of platinum, however attractive the piece!

Regards

Mark
    I bought some great items from him many years ago before his auction site became so popular. Fair pricing at the time for some outstanding items

Can't blame him for the crazy hammer prices. It's the buyers.

But the commissions stop me from bidding as well
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast