Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Front Camo Ammo Box

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently acquired this ammo box that has a very unique camo! I am wondering if anyone has any problems with the camo, or if this may be war time. I dont see enough of these

Default Italian Front Camo Ammo Box

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired this ammo box that has a very unique camo! I am wondering if anyone has any problems with the camo, or if this may be war time.

I dont see enough of these to know, so any help would go a long way!

Thanks for your time,
    William

Italian Front Camo Ammo BoxItalian Front Camo Ammo BoxItalian Front Camo Ammo BoxItalian Front Camo Ammo BoxItalian Front Camo Ammo Box
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Front Camo Ammo Box   Italian Front Camo Ammo Box  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Italian Front Camo Ammo Box
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks a bit "fresh" to me but the limited areas of surface rust appear to be old and there appears to be some nice honest chips with age. That said, I couldn't make a call. My eyes aren't good enough. Hopefully someone with experience on these will be around shortly.

I do see that the stampings were "liberated"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks again MAP for the help! I appreciate all the responses to my various threads!

I am far from an expert with ammo cans, however comparing the paint scheme to what I look for in helmets, I took the chance on it. As you mentioned it does look quite fresh, but there are some ares that display a good amount of natural wear.

Sadly someone did scratch away at the markings. A real shame

Like all camo paint, it can be very difficult to date. I wouldn't pay a premium based on the paint we now see. It could have been painted in the 1970's, who knows?

Camo pieces are definitely a minefield! Are there any areas that I should retake photos for better judgement?

Thanks for your help!
    William