Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

A k98 bayonet frog made in field conditions.

Article about: Hello, Just for the sake of the exploration on the topic of non-standard items, I decided to share a few photos of a k98 bayonet scabbard with the remains of bayonet frog, that I had found a

Default A k98 bayonet frog made in field conditions.

Hello,

Just for the sake of the exploration on the topic of non-standard items, I decided to share a few photos of a k98 bayonet scabbard with the remains of bayonet frog, that I had found a while ago in a bunker. Never had thought that someone would make them in field conditions. The material itself was sort of rubberised canvas. If the topic is non- related , I dont mind if it is removed.

With best regards,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A k98 bayonet frog made in field conditions.   A k98 bayonet frog made in field conditions.  

A k98 bayonet frog made in field conditions.   A k98 bayonet frog made in field conditions.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A k98 bayonet frog made in field conditions.
    P
    Many

Quote by Oberschutze View Post
    Hello,

Just for the sake of the exploration on the topic of non-standard items, I decided to share a few photos of a k98 bayonet scabbard with the remains of bayonet frog, that I had found a while ago in a bunker. Never had thought that someone would make them in field conditions. The material itself was sort of rubberised canvas. If the topic is non- related , I dont mind if it is removed.
    Hello,
    First of all, the fact that you're the person who found this frog in a bunker is great. Then, in my opinion, this frog is not field made as you think, but it should be a quite seldom seen "experimental" rubberized canvas frog. This is great you found it in a bunker, because now we can be sure that some soldiers of some german units, more likely late in the war, were issued with rubberized canvas frogs.

Don't worry, this topic is very related and have a look to the frog without a bayo on the photo below. It's in much better condition but now you can compare with something known (photo posted on the forum in 2017).
    Thanks

Just double click

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    First of all, the fact that you're the person who found this frog in a bunker is great. Then, in my opinion, this frog is not field made as you think, but it should be a quite seldom seen "experimental" rubberized canvas frog. This is great you found it in a bunker, because now we can be sure that some soldiers of some german units, more likely late in the war, were issued with rubberized canvas frogs.

Don't worry, this topic is very related and have a look to the frog without a bayo on the photo below. It's in much better condition but now you can compare with something known (photo posted on the forum in 2017).
    Thanks

Just double click

Wow, I am surprised- to be honest it was found in the area that was held by units from the Wehrmacht 132. Infantry division and later 205. Infantry division from late december 1944. till march 1945. It is quite surprising that late war experimental gear made it so far to the Kurland pocket. Thank You again.

Quote by Oberschutze View Post
    Wow, I am surprised- to be honest it was found in the area that was held by units from the Wehrmacht 132. Infantry division and later 205. Infantry division from late december 1944. till march 1945. It is quite surprising that late war experimental gear made it so far to the Kurland pocket. Thank You again.

Hello again,
    "Experimental" or last ditch, maybe they were produced in Ostpreußen or even more east...who can say where they were made and issued ?
    The textured finish of yours and the one still black look the same, even if it's hard to see on your example because it's almost gone, like the black colour.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

C.Riese Berlin 1940/41 was the date on similar frogs. It was used replacement ruberised material.

Very interesting find.