Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

Awsome collection! It looks every can is preserved in original paint. Absolutely perfect .

Today I have a question: have you ever heard about wartime use of a watter-jerrycan for fuel and according to that fact, repainting or deleting the white crosses from Wasser-Kanister?

Few days ago I acquired the 1941 Ambi-Budd Berlin water jerry. Initially I though it was repainted after the war but layer-analyze suggests that it may have been painted in wartime, very dark grey (nearly black). There are no evidence of typical for water-cans white crosses or "W" stenicled letter under the handle. There is also a strong smell of benzine from inside (I know that it could have been filled with gas hundreds of times after 1945 but the imagination works ). I will be grateful for solving this riddle .

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

BTW: Do you know any method of erasing the rust from cans without affecting the original paint?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

Quote by Huzar Poland View Post
    BTW: Do you know any method of erasing the rust from cans without affecting the original paint?
    Have a look into oxalic acid.

Hello and best New Year's wishes for everone!

January 2018 brough me the opportunity that I couldn't miss so here it is: early (X-type) 1940 jerrycan manufactured by Metallwerk Max Brose und Co. in Coburg. Its condiditon is quite good with original red primer and Panzergrau paint (frankly speaking it looks more like Blaugrau). The curiosities are also bare steel places. It cost less than 15 EUR, in my opinion worth to pay .

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

I miss the word “Coburg” on this one?
    Info would be Nice

Ps:
    New user name folks, will introduce myself later again.

Hello and welcome!

The manufacturer logo looks very interesting, I've never seen "Brose" marking without a city name before!

Below is another one which I've obtained today from one of my friends: 1942 jerry by Karroseriewerke August Nowack AG in Bautzen (Budziszyn in Polish). The paint is Panzergrau but it is hard to say whether original or repainted after 1945. The jerrycan has also traces traces of pressure distention and a few dents but, as one said, beggars can't be choosers .

Hello!

This time I've got a question. There are a few Eisenwerk Müller und Co. jerry cans in my collection. Some of them have traces of original miltiary paint: Panzergrau and Sandgelb, but no "Wehrmacht" marking above the lower edge (as well as lot numbers). I heard that unmarked cans were prepared for civilian purposes but the ones from my collection look obviously miltiary... What's interesting all my jerrys without "Wehrmacht" but in army-style paint came only from Müller factory.
    Examples shown below one in dark grey another sand yellow both from 1942.

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Seen Austrian made wartime dated ones without Wehrmacht on too, but if you need something to put fuel in then you use what comes to hand, whether it is stamped Wehrmacht or not.

Quote by Huzar Poland View Post
    Hello!

This time I've got a question. There are a few Eisenwerk Müller und Co. jerry cans in my collection. Some of them have traces of original miltiary paint: Panzergrau and Sandgelb, but no "Wehrmacht" marking above the lower edge (as well as lot numbers). I heard that unmarked cans were prepared for civilian purposes but the ones from my collection look obviously miltiary... What's interesting all my jerrys without "Wehrmacht" but in army-style paint came only from Müller factory.
    Examples shown below one in dark grey another sand yellow both from 1942.
    In Phillipe Leger and Stephane Arquille's excellent book on the subject, they concur that ALL of the Müller cans bore NO Wehrmacht mark - they have no explanation for this.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Dutchgreener View Post

I miss the word “Coburg” on this one?
    Info would be Nice

Ps:
    New user name folks, will introduce myself later again.
    The town name was removed on many makers as the war progressed to protect against allied bombing .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Neither my 1939 Müller can nor my 1944 dated 'FCX' (maker unknown to me, pics on previous page) can have 'Wehrmacht' embossed.

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast