Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

?

UPDATE:

The 'wasser' jerry that had post-war fireman's silver paint coat (see post #315), cleaned up really well, and turned out to be a nice apple-green wasser can - see pics:

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Any bright silvery spots that can be seen are not the post-war paint, but some bare-metal.

Cheers,
    Fabe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

Indeed, Fabe it cleaned up very well. I'm surprised how much people are paying for these now, but thankfully still plenty of good deals to still be found if you know where to look.

Hello!

Once more long time passed since my lat post . Fabe, Your Wasser jerry can looks impresive and the 1940 is quite rare as far as I know. Congratulations!

For last few months I have been refreshing my collection and taking all my stuff to another, bigger new magazine. Hope I finally found an exect place not only for my cans . Below you can see a major part of my jerry can collection excluding 14 exemplars that are exhibited in a few museums in Poland.

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Each row is a single manufacturer starting with Ambi-Budd water cans in a far background, ending with no-manufacturer exemplars from 1944 and 1945.

The collection is still increasing and, finally, I found a kind of jerry can-Holly Grail - the ABP 1942 RP Ost one!

I will try with Scansol to find some original colours on it.

Another new item in my collection is a diesel-tag made by Mueller in 1941. As you can see its condition is very good with traces of original, red paint on the reverse side. I have not decided yet whether repaint it in red on the front or not.

Greetings from Poland!

I found such a canister. Tell me a rare or not brand of fish.

Somewhat rare Fischer can.....but sadly overcooked.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Huzar Poland View Post
    Hello!

Once more long time passed since my lat post . Fabe, Your Wasser jerry can looks impresive and the 1940 is quite rare as far as I know. Congratulations!

For last few months I have been refreshing my collection and taking all my stuff to another, bigger new magazine. Hope I finally found an exect place not only for my cans . Below you can see a major part of my jerry can collection excluding 14 exemplars that are exhibited in a few museums in Poland.

Each row is a single manufacturer starting with Ambi-Budd water cans in a far background, ending with no-manufacturer exemplars from 1944 and 1945.

The collection is still increasing and, finally, I found a kind of jerry can-Holly Grail - the ABP 1942 RP Ost one!

I will try with Scansol to find some original colours on it.

Another new item in my collection is a diesel-tag made by Mueller in 1941. As you can see its condition is very good with traces of original, red paint on the reverse side. I have not decided yet whether repaint it in red on the front or not.

Greetings from Poland!
    Impressive! Wow! And I don't even have one!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not seen an RP Ost Kanister before in the flesh well found. Won't ever have as many as you have, simply not enough space! Impressive collection indeed.

Thank you very much . German jerry cans are my real passion indeed!

Yesterday another one arrived and it seems to be quite rare. It was made by Sandrik Hodrusa for Romanian Army.

I hope it is wartime example but I'm still looking for confirmation of that fact. As far as translation is concerned, the inscription means as same as "Krafstoff Feuergefaerlich 20 l" in German, MAN stands for Armed Forces of Romania. The back-flow pipe represents the wartime variant too. Maybe someone here has any info about that model?

Best wishes from Poland .

A few pics of my latest acquisition

Cheers

Relic

You guys have got so many nice original Jerry Cans :-O

Unfortunately mine is just a repro made by myself but destined for use.

Greets

~ H.U.

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast