Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

I doubt the exteriors were ever gloss or semi, as cans would not want to be reflective. I have an almost mint Dunkel Grau can and its quite a matt finish.

See my post #67 on this thread.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

Danmark, thanks for the reply. Some of the images I see have a gloss, maybe that's due to the matt paint being rubbed/buffed or oil on them over the years combined with camera flash or sunlight. Or is it possible some manufacturers use something other than matt? If you have the time could you please list the paint colors of your cans by RAL color? Also I've seen mentioned "ordnance tan" but i don't think the Germans used that wording. Cans should have been either RAL 7028, Dunkel gelb or RAL 8020, Gelb braun. I'm still trying to figure out if RAL 7016 Luftwaffe Blau grau was used ever. I have a can that has bad paint and I want to restore it. I know Dunkel gelb, Dunkel grau are safe bets. I also want to know what the green was. Edited to add: Canisters also seem to be painted Dunkel Grau 7021 as menitoned below, Feld Grun RAL 6006? and possibly black along with DAK colors? And the end of war red primer only I supposed. I'm still searching for a definitive source to verify all the colors assembled in one place. Hoping to find Philippe Leger's book some day. Seems to be out of print.
    Last edited by Brian13; 05-01-2022 at 07:47 PM.

I have a Dunkel Grau can, that's so dark it almost appears black. I believe it's the original paint.

I have two jerrycans in primer (original paint was missing anyway) and I plan to repaint them and add the red 20 stamp under the handles. If you have a can with the 20 mark, would you please measure the total height or width or even stroke width. I plan to make a paint mask and use a foam brush to reapply the 20. I can only guess it was a stamp of some sort not a spray stencil by the way the letter appears. Font is DIN bold I believe for anyone curious. Thank you.

coming soon...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kanisters of the Wehrmacht  

?

Hi everyone
    Can anyone tell me what that RP OST means? I have only one thought - Reichspost OST, but could they have been produced for the post office?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kanisters of the Wehrmacht   Kanisters of the Wehrmacht  

I believe you're correct with Reichspost OST...just as there are SS-marked canisters as well...

?

Thanks for your answer. Meybe... but even then it could be, for example, canisters for RAD, much more seriously, I would say
    A broad theme for fantasy

A RP OST can is shown on page 104 in the 'Wehrmacht Kanister 20 Liter' book by Phillipe Leger & Stephane Arquille - rare and only made by Ambi-Budd Presswerk for the Reich Post.

Congratulations on your find!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

KWW
    ?

New in my collection . Probably with wartime repair.
    Any opinions?

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast