Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

Hello gentlemen,

It seems there was a small error in the response.
    The document presented does indeed come from the Siegas company, but it is an advertisement for the recruitment of good & honest drivers with driving license class 3, i.e. the heavy goods vehicle license.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

If the Kanister was used for fire extinguisher purpose there would have been thousends of those Kanister about i guess....the abscense of a WaA numer or stamp would be logical if it was a trail version and as such not accepted as Heeres material yet. All items in the German army were stamped and Siegas as a metal stamping factory produced war material during WW2. The labour came from "volenteers" i found, and the factory was bombed early 1945

waffenambt Code WaA for Siegas is "oua" which means it did army production or was involved in army matters.

also found the ASBE DRGM oil canister to be likewise...

my guess is every emtalstamping factory made some designs to compete for government orders.....we all know hich one made it....my jerrycan from Siegas is likely to be one of those that got both away and lost in space...and now is back on earth. Anyone knows anything .....

To get information i have tried a number of sources, but to no avail. Apparently there is nobody that knows this kanister. Yes, there is the suggestion that is was made for the feurerwehr but nothing to back that up, not photographs, no text. If it was for the Feuerwehr than there should be morte examples around would be my guess.....zero.
    I had put a advertisement on the German site "Kleinanzeigen" asking for information and adding a pricet tag of 4000 to attract attention. I got one reaction of someone who said is was a common kanister, he had several of these and made me an offer of 50 euro.....more would be inappropiate he wrote....so i asked for a photograph of his Kanisters but as he was on hoilliday he could not produce these... and never heard of the person since.
    I wrote to the man who made the book about Wehrmacht kanister and he did not know this type, thought it was from the feuerwehr and gave me a name to contact who was also specialized in kanister, has a web site dedicated to kanister and also knows about feuerwehr equipement. After several emails and filling in the contact form on the web site no reply.....so has anyone got a suggestion as to where of who would know about this 25 liter kanister from Siegas?
    My guess is still that it is a German army 1936 trail testing model as there is nothing to contradict this thought so in my opinion it has the most chance of being just that, the pre war paint and the old cross and akward volume......these factors in my opinion make it a 1936 ish product, the lack of any documentation of course makes every guess a reliable one.
    Still, if anyone knows or has photographs of this specific Kanister please let me know, i am putting it up for auction later this year.
    All the people on this website/forum, there must be a ton of knowledge here....anyone?
    Regards, greatgrey

Quote by Carfin LEWYS View Post
    Hello gentlemen,

It seems there was a small error in the response.
    The document presented does indeed come from the Siegas company, but it is an advertisement for the recruitment of good & honest drivers with driving license class 3, i.e. the heavy goods vehicle license.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.
    No error Carfin, I did say it was a job advert for working at Siegas.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40