Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

KM Stopwatch

Article about: Hi guys sorry i haven't posted for a while, life seems to be getting the better of me, although I'm nearly there, i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have a question, that i prob

Default KM Stopwatch

Hi guys
    sorry i haven't posted for a while, life seems to be getting the better of me, although I'm nearly there, i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I have a question, that i probably already know the answer to, but i need some help on this little thing.
    These kind of watches were used as range finders for the big guns, both on board ship and coastal defences. This one has some peculiar marking to the rear. It looks more like a squashed penguin, than an eagle, and the hakenkreuz? well a bit whoosy to say the least. Works fine, no maker mark to the face, and nothing inside.

It could be just a standard stopwatch with no fancy frills, so my question to you all, is..................... warm feeling or cold chill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Stopwatch   KM Stopwatch  

KM Stopwatch  
    Attached Images Attached Images KM Stopwatch 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Stopwatch
    P
    Many

Default Re: KM Stopwatch

No one?

Hi John, there is a gentleman in Germany that could help with this item. I have not personally utilized him, but I have some acquaintances who have. Dr. Roland Ranfft, mtr-Ranfft. It has been a long time since they used him, so I don't even know if he is still alive. His name is currently being used for sales on the internet. It appears to me the internal mechanism is post 1930 manufacture. If I went way out on a limb, I would say it could be 1935 to 1940manufacture.

Jay

?

To be honest John , i would expect to see a makers name on the face, or at least internally, i thought that german watchmakers were pretty fastidious with marking their wares, especially if they were being used under contract which i would assume would be the case for the armed services at that time, but i could be wrong, it sounds as if you have your doubts as well