Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Knobelbecher

Article about: Hi, need some opinions here. These seems to be an original pair of knobelbecher but the front sole seems to have been replaced sometime? Or could these have been civil bought? Opinions welco

?

Default Knobelbecher

Hi, need some opinions here. These seems to be an original pair of knobelbecher but the front sole seems to have been replaced sometime? Or could these have been civil bought?

Opinions welcome, thanks

KnobelbecherKnobelbecherKnobelbecherKnobelbecherKnobelbecherKnobelbecherKnobelbecherKnobelbecherKnobelbecher

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Knobelbecher
    P
    Many

?

There must be someone here who has an input. Please feel free to comment these boots.
    Thanks

Hello,

Bad....
    Sorry to say but they have nothing in common with a pair of Knobelbecher....nothing....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hi,

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it. What kind of details is it which is completely wrong is this case if I may ask? Just wonder so that I can point out these to the dealer before I send them back.

Seems like this time I didn't do my homework, footwear isn't really my area of collecting so I should have known better...

Thanks for your help

Hello,
    Here are some features that you need to look for, among others of course, but it would be a good beginning if you could find a pair of boots with these features...
    Thanks

Knobelbecher

Knobelbecher

Knobelbecher

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

?

Thank you very much for some detailed pictures! I just have to ask a question, isn't there a chance that these could have been private bought and therefore there is some difference between textbook examples? Or what else could these have been for boots? For use in a different army or perhaps for civil use?

Hello,
    I can tell you what they're not, not what they are....sorry
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Hello,
    Here's a pair of regulation Marschstiefel....this is what you need to look for....
    Thanks

Knobelbecher

Knobelbecher

Knobelbecher

In Memoriam :

Lightbulb

I must say here how much I appreciate JPhilip's contributions on this subject. It seems that - for what was originally a humble item, issued in millions - the German combat boot is one of the most 'mis-identified' items of German WWII militaria.

JP's postings have saved me a lot of money - and embarrassment !

Hello,
    Thank you very much Martin, you're welcome. If i helped you to save some money and embarrassment it means that the goal is reached....
    Yes, the Marschstiefel is one of the most 'mis-identified' items of German WWII militaria, with ankle boots as well...
    The Marschstiefel mass produced for a few years only is very specific and it has very little in common with other productions.
    For those who are interested in this matter, i published two articles in Militaria Magazine about german boots and ankle boots....MM issues #295 & 297 (year 2010) :

Issue 295
    Reichswehr ankle boots with integrated legging (three closure straps for foot soldiers)
    Reichswehr ankle boots with integrated legging (four closure straps for mounted soldiers)
    Wehrmacht Marschstiefel (high shaft)
    Wehrmacht Marschstiefel (low shaft)
    Wehrmacht Reitstiefel
    + markings, period photos

Issue 297
    Wehrmacht M37 ankle boots (production 1937-1940)
    Wehmacht M37 ankle boots (production 1940-1944)
    Wehrmacht hybrid ankle boots (production 1942-1944)
    Wehrmacht M44 ankle boots (production until the end of the war)
    Wehrmacht late war hybrid ankle boots (with and without toe cap)
    (Several pairs of tremendous german ankle boots that belong to Gerard Stezelberger are shown in this article)
    + markings, period photos etc....

Thanks

In Memoriam :

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast