MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)

Article about: Does anybody have any knowledge on Kriegsmarine binoculars? I have recently obtained these. They were originally left and found at Batterie Lothringen in Jersey at the end of the war. Any in

No worries
    I do not have a dog in this fight as it were

As long as you are happy

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)
    P
    Many

Default flak kuste binocular

I will try to post some images of my' eagles' on this tread for you to compare along with the 'variant',at the moment though 99% of my collection is abroad (where I work) i'm on leave in the uk for the next few weeks,this if it comes out is the usual zeiss eagle,Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)

there are subtle differences between the early zeiss eagles,but they all have the hook nose to a greater or lesser degree,they also have the 'straight line claws' breaking the outer circle but this is the variant zeiss eagle,very different from the other Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)  

Thanks for that it is very interesting. Yes I have had some other opinions from various sources and all are positive.

I have just picked these up over here as well. It all seems to be falling out of the attic at the moment!

These are another pair of the Kriegsmarine gas mask type but are Carl Zeiss blc first code marked and numbered 2222014. I think this dates them as post 1943? Also the numbers on the reticle are different to my artillery and flak ones so I assume they could be search light crew issue?

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)   Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)  

Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)   Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)  

Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)   Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)  

Here is a little more info on them and a few nice period photos I found of Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery with binoculars in use in the Channel Islands.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)  
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste) 
    Last edited by Happy Harry; 04-14-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Some more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)   Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)  

You can't go wrong with the German Navy binos. They were the finest in the World. Even today, they are nothing to sniff at. The Army glasses and the rest were fine-but the Navy, in my opinion, had the market cornered for the best binos that could be made for their time. Companies like Leitz, Zeiss-even the French company Huot...they were amazing quality(still are!). I've had a pair of Leitz civilian 10x40's for decades, and they are beautifully made and crystal clear. If nothing else, the Germans have always made the best Guns and the best Glasses around. Always have.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have not long had these and am really enjoying using them all. I am really pleased with them as they are really clear. It is great to look through them over here on the coasts of the Channel Islands where they were found and see the same views they would have been looking at all those years ago!!

I have been told that the last pair date to late March 1942.

Cheers.

Quote by Happy Harry View Post
    Some more.
    Great picture, I have stood in exactly that spot !

Yes I was there the other day and took this then and now picture. These Islands are just covered in history!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast