Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine metal box

Article about: Hello, I'm new on forum, so i hope i put this thread in the right section Do you know what is this box for? Also, I'd love to know on what boat types it was used. There is no trace of instru

?

Default Kriegsmarine metal box

Hello, I'm new on forum, so i hope i put this thread in the right section Do you know what is this box for? Also, I'd love to know on what boat types it was used. There is no trace of instruction or compartments inside. Dimension: 55x40x16 cm.

Best regards, Widar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine metal box   Kriegsmarine metal box  

Kriegsmarine metal box   Kriegsmarine metal box  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine metal box
    P
    Many

?

No one has any idea? Guess it's rather rare item

I don't know what the contents would have been but the word "motorpinasse" I would translate as "Motor Pinnace". A Pinnace is a small boat or perhaps a Launch therefore, in this case a Motor Launch so by definition it would an equipment box from either a small utility boat or a "Ship's Launch" sometimes called a "Tender" or "Utility boat" carried by a larger ship and used in shallow water or port etc to move small items or numbers of personnel to and from the larger vessel?

Just a thought.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-13-2021 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hello.
    I am sorry to have to ask the question, but are we really sure that this is of military origin ?
    Neither the keyhole nor the plate ressemble what we should expect from a military container, and a date and a maker's mark should still be visible somewhere.

Quote by Edward Lionheart View Post
    Hello.
    I am sorry to have to ask the question, but are we really sure that this is of military origin ?
    Neither the keyhole nor the plate ressemble what we should expect from a military container, and a date and a maker's mark should still be visible somewhere.

Nobody has said it is military and the idea is to establish that fact.

The op clearly has reason to think it may be.

For my part I don't know as I said but my feeling is that either way it isn't Third Reich but a great deal of stuff we discuss here isn't TR either. The word Motorpinasse (Motor Pinnace ie launch /tender) places it in a definate "area" ie German (speaking) maritime, but more exact identification is why it is here I suppose. If it isn't military then establishing that fact is useful too. Do you have any suggestions?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

I think it is military as I can see kriegsmarines acceptance eagle…

There is something that could look like a fainted wingless eagle among several scratches or remnants of other markings, so better pictures wouldn't hurt.

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I think it is military as I can see kriegsmarines acceptance eagle…
    I agree, I didn't rotate the pic at first and it just looked like a ill-defined stamp but in the correct orientation it doe look like KM.

Regards

Mark

?

Hello, thanks for answers! I am pretty sure that's original Kriegsmarine eagle- box was all covered in old green paint, and acceptance eagle was found by accident. My photo is poor quality, in real it looks good. If You want, i can try to make better photo

?

Thats best quality photo i can do:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine metal box  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast