Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Laufschützer' 43

Article about: Hello folks. Need some assistance with this one. As part of a planned series of purchases, I'm looking for a period example of an MG34 barrel carrier, and have stumbled across this one. The

Default 'Laufschützer' 43

Hello folks.

Need some assistance with this one. As part of a planned series of purchases, I'm looking for a period example of an MG34 barrel carrier, and have stumbled across this one. The maker markings appear identical to other original examples discovered during my rudimentary research, and the shade of paint appears likewise identical to other barrel carriers from the same manufacturer.

My only bugbear is the seemingly mint condition of the piece. I'm also not sure if the carry strap is the correct type. The latter is less important, as I could replace it if necessary with an original one. In this case, I feel I have gleaned as much information from the 'net as I am able to, and humbly turn to the experts here for assistance. I would like to know for sure that this is an original and unmessed-with piece before I drop a chunk of money on it. If the carrier is original, but the strap is not, I'd be equally pleased.

'Laufschützer' 43'Laufschützer' 43'Laufschützer' 43'Laufschützer' 43

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Laufschützer' 43
    P
    Many

I can't comment much but I can show my ordinance tan head end on mine, I just use a bread bag strap for mine.

?

Guys very nice now all you need is the mg 34. Gary

Ahh geeze Broadie are you still pissed at me for giving you crap about that show heat?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Ahh geeze Broadie are you still pissed at me for giving you crap about that show heat?
    Not at all! I posted this right before I turned in for the night.

Thank you for the photo. That's a cracking mannequin display!

It gets me that little bit closer to determining the authenticity of this carrier. I'm pretty confident, it's just the strap that has me worried.

Regards, B.B.
    Last edited by BrodieBartfast; 12-08-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Hi! for me the behalter is original, the problem is the sling, one original :

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hi! for me the behalter is original, the problem is the sling, one original :

Thank you for the help! I shouldn't find it too difficult to remove and replace the sling, so as long as the carrier is alright, I'm comfortable making the purchase. Will hold fire for a little while longer in lieu of further opinions, though. Just in case.

Regards, B.B.

The moment I received the green light, the item sold. Typical!

B.B.

The sling on the original post is a post war Yugo affair, I had one on mine originally. Nothing wrong with the lauf behalter itself.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The sling on the original post is a post war Yugo affair, I had one on mine originally. Nothing wrong with the lauf behalter itself.
    It's a shame I missed out on it!

B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast