Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lot of Random Military Items - WWII(?) Bayonet Accessories(?) - ID Request

Article about: Hi guys, I purchased a lot of random military hanger and loopy thingy’s. I only wanted the K98k bayonet frogs. I know the green/silver is a German WWII Portepee. Can anyone id what any of

Default Lot of Random Military Items - WWII(?) Bayonet Accessories(?) - ID Request

Hi guys,

I purchased a lot of random military hanger and loopy thingy’s. I only wanted the K98k bayonet frogs.

I know the green/silver is a German WWII Portepee.

Can anyone id what any of the other “junk” is?

Having technical issues w/photos saying: “I don’t have enough posts to post photos.

Outside link for photos:

https://imgur.com/a/UJfA96O

Thanks for any information,
    -D

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lot of Random Military Items - WWII(?) Bayonet Accessories(?) - ID Request
    P
    Many

Hello,
    As photos must be posted directly on the forum, i'll post some for you, to help you out and for our members.
    The green/silver is a Faustriemen, It's for a saber from the Heer.
    The rest looks like hangers for sabers or daggers. Someone might be able to help you more than me....
    No bayo in that scabbard ?
    Thanks

Lot of Random Military Items - WWII(?) Bayonet Accessories(?) - ID RequestLot of Random Military Items - WWII(?) Bayonet Accessories(?) - ID RequestLot of Random Military Items - WWII(?) Bayonet Accessories(?) - ID RequestLot of Random Military Items - WWII(?) Bayonet Accessories(?) - ID RequestLot of Random Military Items - WWII(?) Bayonet Accessories(?) - ID RequestLot of Random Military Items - WWII(?) Bayonet Accessories(?) - ID Request

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks for the information. Appreciate you taking the time and adding the photos too!

-D

Hello Danny!

You post with the items in the lot intrigued me and I did do some research on some of the items. However, I will only comment on the sword hanger that looks like a bicycle chain and "FRANCE RUST PROOF". That hanger appears to be a US Army Officers sword hanger. I am not sure of the exact date for the one in your picture but sword hanging chains were authorized for wear by US Army Officers around 1914, and came into more widespread use in the 1920s. It could very likely date to WWII, but I am not well versed enough to know for sure. Is there a manufacture's stamp on it anywhere?