Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe incendiary

Article about: Original incendiary deactivated is it rare?

Default Luftwaffe incendiary

Luftwaffe incendiaryLuftwaffe incendiaryLuftwaffe incendiaryLuftwaffe incendiaryLuftwaffe incendiary
    Original incendiary deactivated is it rare?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe incendiary
    P
    Many

Not particularly rare but in intact condition the tail isn’t bent about.

An original B1E 1Kg incendiary bomb, and an unusually late production date. The majority seem to date from the late 1930s, or maybe that’s just my experience talking. They’re not uncommon at all, with hundreds of them dropped at a time, but very desirable to Home Front collectors in particular, and thus quite difficult to find.

As far as these bombs go, it’s in very nice condition. All the better if the nose can be unscrewed, but it won’t hurt the value if it can’t.

B.B.

Thanks so much I payed 150.00 US

- - ------- - -

I didn’t try removing front but something is loose inside was this a dud or never dropped?

Quote by Garandy View Post
    Thanks so much I payed 150.00 US

- - ------- - -

I didn’t try removing front but something is loose inside was this a dud or never dropped?
    That’s a pretty good price, especially for one in this condition.

The nose cap should unscrew, but if it’s been left alone for too long the magnesium would have fused together. One of mine also has something loose inside it. Possibly a leftover part of the fuze, or maybe a ball bearing inserted to show it’s inert.

If it had been dropped, I’d expect there to be some damage. Scratches or dents to the nose at the very least. It’s possible it was dropped, but had a very soft landing. That might also explain why it didn’t ignite. Lots of these were deactivated by the ARP and used as training aids.

B.B.

Here's mine...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe incendiary  

?

I sold mine about 10 years ago for £30.

A few weeks ago I saw these two for sale in a antique/militaria shop in Arundel, UK and he was asking about £200 each:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe incendiary  
    Last edited by Simonk; 07-18-2022 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Typo

Like mine

- - ------- - -

Interesting how ones in the US

I have not seen one in hand before. Looks nice. What is the indicator it has been rendered safe? Weight comparison or is there a tell tail sign. It would not make much difference other than handle differently, maybe.
    John

Feels empty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast