Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Tag - Question!

Article about: Hello all, I recently purchased this Luftwaffe tag and I thought I’d share it with everyone. I’ve read on here, and other places, that this tag was either used for cargo weight classificatio

?

Default Luftwaffe Tag - Question!

Hello all, I recently purchased this Luftwaffe tag and I thought I’d share it with everyone. I’ve read on here, and other places, that this tag was either used for cargo weight classification or for communication line ID? Was just wondering if anyone has ever come across any period photographs showing these things? I personally don’t buy the whole Stalingrad evacuation pass story, is it true these have been found all over occupied Europe?

Luftwaffe Tag - Question!Luftwaffe Tag - Question!

Cheers,

Skip01

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Tag - Question!
    P
    Many

They are usually coloured and were, as far as I know used to classify items in aircraft freight. As such there would have been a great many left lying about Gumrak airfield and so its possible they were re-utilised as a triage system for getting thew wounded out of the kessel.
    As for period photos, join the queue as there are many of us who would love to see trace of one "in use" but the Kriegsberichter always seemed to have something more exciting to snap!

?

Thanks for the reply BlackCat1982, hopefully one will turn up one day! I’ll keep my eyes peeled