Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luger Holster Question

Article about: Hello I picked up 2 lugers today one is a 1938, the other is a 1942 black widow model both are correct and matching. I was wondering about the 1942 hard shell holster that was converted to a

?

Default Luger Holster Question

Hello
    I picked up 2 lugers today one is a 1938, the other is a 1942 black widow model both are correct and matching. I was wondering about the 1942 hard shell holster that was converted to a flap holster has anyone seen this done before?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger Holster Question   Luger Holster Question  

Luger Holster Question   Luger Holster Question  

Luger Holster Question   Luger Holster Question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luger Holster Question
    P
    Many

?

Luger Holster QuestionLuger Holster Question

GI's made all kinds of changes to them to suit their own needs. I have a Hi Power holster that came from the vet with the entire flap cut off. It looks more like a western holster with a mag pouch now. It wouldn't surprise me for the mod to be done during the war era.

?

Looking at the stitching it looks factory reworked that's why I posted it?

?

Luger Holster Question

That just appears to be the magazine holder moved. The flap was just cut off. I am pretty sure just about any boot shop repair at the time could have done the work. You may never know for sure. The downside is with a holster that once they are modified they don't have much value without provenance.