Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M30 Gas Mask?

Article about: I came across this set and to my untrained eyes the canister looks fine but it’s the mask that has once again confused me. I’ve never seen a mask like this I don’t know if it’s a ver

Default M30 Gas Mask?

I came across this set and to my untrained eyes the canister looks fine but it’s the mask that has once again confused me. I’ve never seen a mask like this I don’t know if it’s a very late war make due to materials or if it’s even Second world war German. The filter looks like it was at some point red then painted a dark green and most of the components seem to be made of Bakelite. Sorry for all the gas mask questions but I’m trying to learn as much on them as I can, if anyone has some good reading on them I’d be very grateful if you let me know. Thanks once again!

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

M30 Gas Mask?M30 Gas Mask?M30 Gas Mask?M30 Gas Mask?M30 Gas Mask?M30 Gas Mask?M30 Gas Mask?M30 Gas Mask?M30 Gas Mask?M30 Gas Mask?M30 Gas Mask?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M30 Gas Mask?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M30 Gas Mask?
    P
    Many

I think this is an industrial mask of some kind. That would explain the Bakelite snout and red-painted filter, both features you wouldn’t expect to see on a combat mask. The absence of any WaffenAmt markings backs that up, too. I suspect it’s been mated with the canister at some point, though whether that was done in wartime or postwar I couldn’t say.

There is a chance this is a postwar mask, but I think it’s more likely a pre-war design.

Regards, B.B.

Bit of a mixed bag. The behalter looks wartime, what markings are there on it? The mask & filter are post war, circa 1960. It’s a Vollmaske 735, civilian/industrial use. Definitely not WW2.

Thanks for the replies, the canister isn’t bad to me it’s dated 1939 and has lots of painted markings it was really the canister that got my attention. Thanks for clearing up the mask for me and if you want pictures of the canister I’ll be happy to get them.

Cheers,
    Bodhi