Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M31 Canteen cup from clea r(non colored) material bakelite.

Article about: Hello, Recently I noticed a german M31 canteen with cup posted for sale- the canteen itself wasn't particulary interesting to me, but what really caught my attention was the cup- it was from

Default M31 Canteen cup from clea r(non colored) material bakelite.

Hello,

Recently I noticed a german M31 canteen with cup posted for sale- the canteen itself wasn't particulary interesting to me, but what really caught my attention was the cup- it was from non colored material- like glass. The makers markings are: gfc 1940. Were there any manufactured during wartime from material like that, and is it original? Or a fantasy piece?
    With best regards,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Canteen cup from clea r(non colored) material bakelite.   M31 Canteen cup from clea r(non colored) material bakelite.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 Canteen cup from clea r(non colored) material bakelite.
    P
    Many

Hello good question, this example as far as I’m aware is total fantasy. Different types of Bakelite mixtures are seen and they are very uncommon. See-through is not one that was produced and also these markings seem to be common on fake Bakelite cups.

I will show a few examples of mine that show different mixtures. There is quite the diversity in these cups and what they can look like.

M31 Canteen cup from clea r(non colored) material bakelite.M31 Canteen cup from clea r(non colored) material bakelite.M31 Canteen cup from clea r(non colored) material bakelite.

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Hello good question, this example as far as I’m aware is total fantasy. Different types of Bakelite mixtures are seen and they are very uncommon. See-through is not one that was produced and also these markings seem to be common on fake Bakelite cups.

I will show a few examples of mine that show different mixtures. There is quite the diversity in these cups and what they can look like.

M31 Canteen cup from clea r(non colored) material bakelite.M31 Canteen cup from clea r(non colored) material bakelite.M31 Canteen cup from clea r(non colored) material bakelite.
    Hi,
    Thank You for the answer and photo reference, I really was surprised when i saw this canteen cup for the first time- i was aware about the variations, but this one just seemed really odd. Are there any other variations?
    With best regards,

Of course I’m happy to help. There are plenty more variations I will try and list some examples off.

Most common to least common (from experience of fellow collectors and myself)

Black
    Dark Brown
    Light Green
    Mixed darker green
    Orange
    Mixed Beige
    Black cup White Speckles
    Black cup Colored speckles