Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

The M31 Canteen and its Variants

Article about: The M31 Canteen and its Variants Because of my growing knowledge and interest in canteens I would like to create this thread to help anyone with questions about canteens, and I would like an

The M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its Variants
    Good day, I’m interested in opinions on the flask, I haven’t seen it with such a stigma.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The M31 Canteen and its Variants
    P
    Many

That’s a nice late war labeflasche, the bottle is RBNr numbered which is something uncommon and sought after. I’d like to see the markings inside the cover if possible.

Quote by Petrovich View Post
    Good day, I’m interested in opinions on the flask, I haven’t seen it with such a stigma.
    Hello.
    I suppose that by stigma you mean marking ?
    As for mess tins it's not common at all. I own myself only one in a poor state of preservation.
    The metal hook here bears a czech maker's mark which would be coherent with the GFC cup marking, if it is genuine of course.

The M31 Canteen and its Variants
    Yes, I meant marking. Did I understand you correctly?

Quote by Petrovich View Post
    Did I understand you correctly?
    I am afraid that you might need to be a little more specific about that last question as to what exactly it is referring.
    Anyway if I remember correctly how bakelite coding works the marking inside of the screw cap that you just added would mean that it was made of phenolic resin with sawdust filling (S) by Blumberg und Co, Lintord bei Düsseldorf (W6), the intertwined MD logo being something rather generic.
    I am fairly confident that if I made a mistake somewhere other members will quickly clarify this.

I meant if I understood correctly the request from the previous post for an additional photo of the inside of the lid.

I do not speak English, so I write through Google translator, there may be errors.

I am afraid and also rather sure that BodhiEtheridge's request was about potential ink markings inside the felt cover, not the bakelite screw cap.

When I took a photo, I looked inside the felt, but I didn’t find any stamps.

Hello, yes my question was about the ink markings inside the felt, apologies for not clearing it up. Unmarked is something I’ve seen a lot of late war, although the labeflasches tend to have them. Either way I still thinks it’s a nice example with a very nice bottle.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast