Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M31 Mess Kit (alu)

Article about: Here is my M31 Alu mess kit - top marked c&cw 37 and bottom esb 40. Comes with medium size equipment strap.

Default M31 Mess Kit (alu)

Here is my M31 Alu mess kit - top marked c&cw 37 and bottom esb 40. Comes with medium size equipment strap.

M31 Mess Kit (alu)M31 Mess Kit (alu)M31 Mess Kit (alu)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 Mess Kit (alu)
    P
    Many

Default Re: M31 Mess Kit (alu)

, nice with lots of paint. To bad it mismatched

Good honest item.

I can certainly relate on how these get mixed up. At our living history events we all eat out of the similar Soviet version of this mess tin: these are placed within a communal pile for washing up. Most of us now scratch our initials onto both halves, as otherwise, they get mixed up.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This is how they got mixed up I reckon!
    take off the lids, give your squad's bases to the mobile field kitchen to be filled with potato soup and .........
    "damn, which one went where? ....... doesn't matter, there's a war going on!!!"

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Mess Kit (alu)  

Exactly Dan!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I do like the all alum earlier variations of the M-31 messtin myself the lower half of yours has the one liter markings pressed into the side .Iam not positive but I do believe they stopped this practice on the later war variations.
    It would be very common I would think to have miss matched parts on messtins and other personal kit items hence the practice of engraving ones initials. I have a spork that has the initials MK scratched into them on the handle

Regards Mark K

My one and only tin is miss matched as well, both parts are named though, lol. Same two tone colour like the one to. Yours is a great tin though, a lot more paint than mine