Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)

Article about: Thanks for the picture, I have one of this type of ammo box and have been having trouble finding a photo of it in use. The jigsaw is complete and now I know my very used ammo box was a type

Default Re: M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)

Nice photo showing a Zeltbahn in a tent....soldiers with maps
    France, 1944
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)
    P
    Many

Oberstleutnant Aldebert Schulz from the Wehrmacht Heer wearing a camo tunic made of WSS Zeltbahn.
    Ostfront summer 1943
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

The sun is shining, all men are wearing their Feldbluse only, except the tall guy at the background who's wearing his Zeltbahn as a poncho....

In Memoriam :

The soldier sat on the sidecar is also wearing his Zeltbahn as a poncho. Another Zeltbahn has been used to pack some stuff on the sidecar.

In Memoriam :

Great thread! I bought these 3 photo's today. I think there are 4 blokes crammed into the tent in the first pic!! What do you think was going on in these photo's? Training? Jay.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)   M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)  

M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)  

Hello Jay,
    Nice photos indeed....as the soldiers are wearing the Feldbluse in conjonction with white/oatmeal Drillich trousers, they're most probably coming back from training in the coutryside (some greatcoats are visible as well). In the first photo, the guys are messing about after their training. Here they're in a Zeltbahnen tent, most probably for several nights out of the barracks, but usually when in barracks, you can see the soldiers messing about in white underwear, with the helmet on the head, a belt around the waist, holding a bayonet or a firearm and sometimes shouting to the camera.
    Thanks for sharing these pictures with us
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Thanks for spending the time to post the images. Really enjoying them looking forward to more in the future.

John

The Luftwaffe troops with motorcycle/sidecar are setting out some twisted pair field phone cable. They are using the backpack reel associated with Mittlere or medium sized Nachrichten units. They probably had a motorized section or partially motorized section consisting of trucks or horse drawn wagons. Dispensing cable in this kind of unofficial manner is not unusual. The Anzieher (cable dresser) has no glove. He may be in for a nice burn on his hand but it looks like the passenger is handing over a glove. Only one cable dresser glove was used.

Bought another zelt' photo! I guess it's an early war pic as the soldats have got 'crusher' stlye Schirmutze's on?? Champagne in the bottle maybe.. Or vodka??!!!
    Jay

I don't own this one but thought I'd share it as it's a great shot

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast