Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)

Article about: Thanks for the picture, I have one of this type of ammo box and have been having trouble finding a photo of it in use. The jigsaw is complete and now I know my very used ammo box was a type

Default M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)

Hello fellow members,
    I thought that it would be interesting for all of us to have a thread showing the M31 Zeltbahn in use in the Wehrmacht Heer, Wehrmacht Luftwaffe or Wehrmacht Marine...so i browsed the Internet for a few months looking for copyright free photos of M31 Zeltbahnen in use within the German army. This is not a study of the M31 Zeltbahn itself, which by the way is a tremendous matter, but rather an overall view of the german soldier using his camouflaged triangle in all occasions...how it was used, how it was carried...
    This thread is far from being exhaustive and i count on other members interested in this matter to built something great...please only copyright free pics gentlemen (and as usual, NO Waffen-SS photos thanks).
    I'll start with a drawing showing the camo pattern, a colour photo showing the Zeltbahn itself and an official drawing of the M31 Zeltbahn taken from its adoption text.....the rest is period photos...
    Thanks for looking and i hope you'll enjoy this thread...
    JPhilip
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)   M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)  

M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)
    P
    Many

Default Re: M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)

The issue, here within an unit of the Grossdeutschland Division
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Soldiers from the Aufklärungs Abteilung of the 116. Panzerdivision in Normandy...Zeltbahn worn as poncho to protect from the rain
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos)  

In Memoriam :

Also worn as poncho because of the rain.
    1943 dated, perhaps on the Ostfront

In Memoriam :

Zeltbahn worn as poncho
    Looking for Partisans on the russian front ?...

In Memoriam :

Worn as a camo garment as apparently it's not raining
    Normandy, 1944 (before D-DAY)

In Memoriam :

Also worn as a camo garment...with some addition...
    Yugoslavia 1944
    Attached Images Attached Images M31 Zeltbahn in use (period photos) 

In Memoriam :

Warsaw

In Memoriam :

Battle of the Bulge
    notice the Einheitsfeldmütze worn underneath the helmet...looks like some old school scooter boy... (and US boots)

In Memoriam :

This dead soldier is supposed to be a Luftwaffe sniper who shot dead three american GIs the day before this photo was taken. The american officer is supposed to be the CO of the three KIA and came to examine the body...
    Normandy 1944

In Memoriam :

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast