Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M38 gas mask and canister.

Article about: Hi guys this is available and just wanted a couple of questions answered please,firstly is the blue paint on the snout and eye pieces correct as it seems quite different to other blue painte

Default M38 gas mask and canister.

Hi guys this is available and just wanted a couple of questions answered please,firstly is the blue paint on the snout and eye pieces correct as it seems quite different to other blue painted examples.also around the base of the canister there's a resin or varnish substance would that be purely down to a spillage some when? and also on the snout too,apart from that everything else seems good to me,thanks in advance as always.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 gas mask and canister.   M38 gas mask and canister.  

M38 gas mask and canister.   M38 gas mask and canister.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 gas mask and canister.
    P
    Many

Maybe UV faded Jake? ... I see the lens films have discoloured badly too so that may explain the washed out blue....?

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks Dan so we're all eye pieces clear to begin with? i always wondered as many sets i've encountered seem to have yellow/tints to them.think your right about the fade usually the blue is a deeper shade with a sheen on it.well cheers bud......

I've got some clear ones - if they are still in the packs they are. I think they are gelatine based? and discolour easily.
    Tom would know....
    Cheers mate!

Yes the lenses, Klarscheiben are typically clear and do degrade over time. AFAIK the tropical issue lenses were not tinted but I've not seen any to compare with those commonly found.

real shame as it's in the US and shipping is $90 and the set isn't cheap at $225 so maybe i'll pass especially with the spillage around the base of the canister.thanks everyone for your help.

That seems to be the going rate for a complete set these days Jake.

Yeah i know Dan tell me about it,FJM charge anywhere between 250-400 Euro's and usually not complete always something missing normally the spring in the bottm of the canister and cloth.my Luftwaffe set came from then,had the same items missing,but must post it here at some point.

MAP
    ?

Looks nice to me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is Mike and i'm a little concerned as to why it hasn't been sold yet? the seller has had load of offers (most likely insulting ones) hence why it's still for sale,and whats with all the watchers? they seem to hang around Buy it Now items like lost luggage at the airport.i'll have a think and decide what i'm gonna do.