Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Masken-Brille Translation please

Article about: Dear Community! I bought this Masken-Brille or gasmask glasses on an auction site. Unfortunately I can't read the owners name and his squad. I only can read something maybe like that: "

?

Default Masken-Brille Translation please

Dear Community!

I bought this Masken-Brille or gasmask glasses on an auction site.
    Unfortunately I can't read the owners name and his squad. I only can read something maybe like that: "Leutnant Heinz Wilhe.."

I'm pretty interested in his name and his squad name! Can someone help me out with that?
    More detailed photos: Postimage.org / gallery - Masken Brille 001, Masken Brille 003, Masken Brille 004, Masken Brille 005
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Masken-Brille Translation please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Masken-Brille Translation please
    P
    Many

A guess on his unit would be: Grenadier-Ersatz- und Ausbildungs-Bataillon 90

?

Hello BlackCat! Thanks for your guess.
    Yes, something like that maybe. Grenadier "Gren." is 100%! The name would be Leutnant Heinz Wilhend or Wilhund??!!
    Unit: "Ron..falnzug Gren. .. 90"
    Really don't know I would be very happy if it would readable for someone

The unit is the Kraftfahrzug of Grenadier- Ersatz- und Ausbildungsbataillon (mot.) 90.

I think the surname is "Wilkens".

?

Dear HPL2008!
    Thank you so much. I never guessed it. I've found the "Grenadier- Ersatz- und Ausbildungsbataillon (mot.) 90" with no Kraftfahrzeug word.

(The prescription paper is from Hamburg, and I bought the whole Masken-Brille from Bremen. The Bataillon placed in Hamburg and Bremen too.. So maybe it's 100% correct I think.)

Quote by xedos6 View Post
    Thank you so much. I never guessed it. I've found the "Grenadier- Ersatz- und Ausbildungsbataillon (mot.) 90" with no Kraftfahrzeug word.
    You're welcome. Just one little thing: Note that it says Kraftfahrzug [motor vehicle platoon or motor vehicle column], not Kraftfahrzeug [motor vehicle].

?

You're right! Sorry And how can I search after Leutnant Heinz... in the given unit? Maybe he was their "boss".

Unless he is listed as a casualty on the Volksbund site then it is almost impossible. The Deutsches Dienstelle in Berlin (WaSt) have records but only to open to his relatives. The Red Cross might have something but again a long shot.