Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MG barrel tube sling - original?

Article about: Hi Guys - I was wondering, the sling on this MG barrel carrier tube could be original WW2? (The tube itself looks re-painted post-war) Thanks for any replies. Cheers, Fabe Here are some inte

?

Default MG barrel tube sling - original?

Hi Guys - I was wondering, the sling on this MG barrel carrier tube could be original WW2? (The tube itself looks re-painted post-war)

Thanks for any replies.

Cheers,
    Fabe

MG barrel tube sling - original?MG barrel tube sling - original?MG barrel tube sling - original?

Here are some internet pics - of tubes that seems original with same (?) sling maybe:
    MG barrel tube sling - original?MG barrel tube sling - original?MG barrel tube sling - original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MG barrel tube sling - original?
    P
    Many

Looks like an original sling. The metal clips should be maker marked ‘LUX’. The carrier itself appears to have been given a Yugoslavian overpaint.

Regards, B.B.

?

Thanks for the reply. I only have these pics - I'll ask - but just in case; if the metal parts are unmarked, are they still original?

Quote by Fabe View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I only have these pics - I'll ask - but just in case; if the metal parts are unmarked, are they still original?
    If they’re original, they’ll be marked. I can’t recall ever having seen a sling with clips that weren’t maker marked. Take what I say with a pinch of salt, though, as I’m no expert.

B.B.

As far as i know (and can see on the pics) the whole carrier (including sling) is post war

Tom

?

Thanks Tom and B.B. - my next question: if I need an original sling for an MG34 tube - is it possible to buy one - or a hopeless mission?

Well, never say never.....

However : it is virtually impossible to attach the strap to the barrel container, because this was done on the factory...

Unless you have the right crimp tool, for the metal “lux” pieces, you will not be able to fix the metal pieces.....

It is better to look for an original spare barrel container with the strap already attached......
    (And be carefull, there are a lot of MG53 containers with fake WaA stamps !!)

Tom

?

Well it was just a thought, what if I try to complete this winter camo one - attic find in the village of Donskoy, Volgograd (Stalingrad) not far from the area that used to be the 'Pitomnik' airfield.
    But probably will display well, even without the sling...

MG barrel tube sling - original?